Mysterious air current
| It has been suggested that this article be moved to .|
Please discuss whether or not to move it on its .
| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Checking effect on the power of Weather Ball and Solar Blade; checking effect on type effectiveness display in Sun and Moon.
| Mysterious air current|
謎の乱気流 Mysterious turbulence
A mysterious air current or mysterious strong winds (Japanese: 謎の乱気流 mysterious turbulence), also known as strong wind or strong winds (Japanese: 乱気流 turbulence), is a type of weather introduced in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. They do not appear in the overworld.
A mysterious air current is created by Delta Stream and lasts until the summoner is removed from the field (and no other Pokémon with Delta Stream remain on the field), the summoner is rotated out in a Rotation Battle, the summoner has Delta Stream suppressed or replaced, or extremely harsh sunlight or heavy rain is created by Desolate Land or Primordial Sea, respectively.
|Event||Gen VI||Gen VII|
|Delta Stream activated||"A mysterious air current is protecting Flying-type Pokémon!"||"Mysterious strong winds are protecting Flying-type Pokémon!"|
|Preventing changing weather||"The mysterious air current blows on regardless!"||"The mysterious strong winds blow on regardless!"|
|Weakening an attack||"The mysterious air current weakened the attack!"||"The mysterious strong winds weakened the attack!"|
|When the mysterious air current ends||"The mysterious air current has dissipated!"||"The mysterious strong winds have dissipated!"|
- A mysterious air current causes moves that would be super effective against pure Flying-type Pokémon to only be normally effective.
- Outside of Inverse Battles, this causes Electric-, Ice-, and Rock-type moves to deal neutral damage to Flying-type Pokémon.
- During Inverse Battles, this causes Bug-, Fighting-, Grass-, and Ground-type moves to deal neutral damage to Flying-type Pokémon.
- If a move is not super effective against the Pokémon's other type (for dual-typed Pokémon), this no longer counts as a super effective hit (for the purposes of damage-reducing Berries, Expert Belt, etc.).
- This has no effect on Stealth Rock and Anticipation.
- Causes the moves Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, and Hail to fail if used. This cannot be subverted even with Cloud Nine or Air Lock.
- Causes the Abilities Drought, Drizzle, Sand Stream, and Snow Warning to fail. This cannot be subverted even with Cloud Nine or Air Lock.
- Weather Ball remains a Normal-type move during a mysterious air current.
- The moves Moonlight, Morning Sun, and Synthesis continue to recover ½ of max HP.
In other languages
| Harsh sunlight • Rain • Sandstorm • Hail • Shadowy aura • Fog|
Extremely harsh sunlight • Heavy rain • Mysterious air current