Monopoly: Pokémon Edition (2001)
| Monopoly: Pokémon Edition|
|Publisher(s)|| Parker Brothers|
|Age||8 to adult|
|Players||2 to 6|
| External Links
More fun than you can master!
In this Gold and Silver Pokémon edition of the classic MONOPOLY® game, you'll travel around the board in search of Pokémon from the Johto World. The more Pokémon you collect, the more powerful a trainer you become. Add Poké Marts and Poké Centers to make your Pokémon even stronger. Ash cards and Professor Elm cards may bring rewards or other surprises. Bargain, trade and fight with other trainers to collect the most powerful Pokémon team and win the game!
This Gold & Silver Collector's Edition Includes:
- 6 Collectible Pokémon movers — Chikorita, Totodile, Marill, Cyndaquil, Bellossom, Pikachu
- 32 Plastic Poké Centers and 12 Poké Marts to improve your Pokémon's strength
- 28 Pokémon Deed cards and 7 denominations of Pokémon-themed play money
- 16 Ash cards and 16 Professor Elm cards, replacing the traditional Community Chest and Chance cards
- Special Optional Poké Rules and full-color Gameboard
- 1 x Gameboard
- 6 x Pokémon tokens
- 2 x Dice
- 28 x Pokémon deed cards
- 16 x Professor Elm cards
- 16 x Ash cards
- 32 x Pokémon Centers tokens
- 12 x Poké Marts tokens
- 1 x Rulebook
- 1 x Pack of money bills
- 1 x Set of trays
Changes from the original Monopoly
- The currency is the Pokémon Dollar ().
- Silver Pokémon Centers and gold Poké Marts replace houses and hotels, respectively.
- Professor Elm and Ash spaces and cards replace "Chance" and "Community Chest" spaces and cards, respectively.
- Heracross, along with the three Johto Starters (Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile) replace the railroads.
- Buying a property is equivalent to catching the Pokémon.
- "Gary Attacks" and "Team Rocket Attacks" spaces replace the "Income Tax" and "Luxury Tax" spaces, respectively.
- The Zephyr Badge and Hive Badge spaces and cards replace the "Electric Company" and "Water Works" spaces and cards, respectively.
|Purple spaces||Light blue spaces||Pink spaces||Orange spaces||Red spaces||Yellow spaces||Green spaces||Blue spaces|
Pokémon Power Doubles
Rolling doubles allows a player to do one of two options: roll again as normal, or activate a Pokémon Power based on the dice. If the power is activated, the player's turn ends. These powers cannot be used if the player rolled doubles in order to get out of jail.
|Dice result||Pokémon Power||Effect|
|Double 1s||"Teleport like Hoppip and go anywhere."||The player can go directly to any space, except Jail. A player that passes GO using this power collects 200.|
|Double 2s||"Absorb like Bellossom and collect 200 from the Bank."||The player collects 200 from the Bank.|
|Double 3s||"Use Leech Seed like Skiploom and collect 50 from each player."||The player collects 50 from each player.|
|Double 4s||"Meet Professor Elm"||The player draws a Professor Elm card.|
|Double 5s||"Fight in a Trainer Battle"||The player draws an Ash Battle card.|
|Double 6s||"Attack to control one of another player’s Pokémon spaces:"||The player selects a Pokémon that an opposing player owns that is not part of a color-group. Each player rolls both dice. The player who rolls the higher number takes (or keeps) control of the lot. In the event of a tie, both players roll again. Note: the player can't select a "Badge" or "Meet" space.|