As part of a school trip to Kitakami, the player groups up with Kieran to visit all three signboards detailing events in the history of Kitakami. The first such signboard is located within the park, directly adjacent to the Loyal Three Monument.
- Long, long ago, there was a fearsome ogre in the land of Kitakami.
- The ogre made its home in the mountain behind the village, frightening all who ventured there.
- One day, the ogre came down from the mountain in a terrible rage, causing great fear in the village.
- By some stroke of luck, Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti all happened to be there as well.
- The three Pokémon laid down their lives to fend off the ogre and send it back to the mountain.
- In admiration, the people of the village bestowed upon this brave trio the title "the Loyal Three."
- Their remains were given a proper burial, and statues of the three were erected above the site.
After the player finishes reading the signboard, Kieran expresses his fascination in the ogre within the story, impressed by its feats of strength and admits he has visited the Dreaded Den many times in an attempt to meet the ogre. Afterwards, he and the player take a photo together in front of the signboard, and Kieran directs the player to the location of the next signboard.
Later, Kieran heads back to the Loyalty Plaza after stealing the Teal Mask that Carmine's grandfather had been working to fix, feeling betrayed that he was left in the dark of the true story of the Loyal Three and treated as an outcast. He challenges the player to a battle and promises to return the Teal Mask if he loses. After losing, he strikes one of the monument's stone fenceposts with his fist, which releases a faint purple mist. After returning the Teal Mask to the player, he runs off back home.
A rumbling comes from the Loyal Three Monument, evolving into a shaking until suddenly the entire monument is enveloped into a pillar of purple light that extends high into the sky, clearing to reveal the revived Loyal Three standing on top of the destroyed monument. Carmine attempts to find out what they want, but they talk amongst themselves and quickly run off towards Kitakami Hall.
After the events of the main story conclude, the caretaker plans to repair the Loyal Three Monument for its tourism impact, obtaining funds with the assistance of the player. After the construction work finishes, the monument appears identical to how it was previously, the workers proud of having replicated the exact scratches and marks the monument had before it was destroyed. In a show of appreciation for restoring such an important source of tourism, the caretaker rewards the player with the Hurray! emote and the Flashy Festival Jinbei.