List of Pokémon by Hoenn Pokédex number (Generation III)
This is a list of Pokémon in the order dictated by the Hoenn regional Pokédex, meaning that the starter Pokémon from Hoenn will appear first, followed by Pokémon native to the Hoenn region.
Generation I and II Pokémon not native to the Hoenn region also have a Hoenn Pokédex number greater than 202; these numbers are not usually displayed by either the game or official sources.
When viewing this listing in Pokémon Bank, it is labeled "Good Old Hoenn".
List of Pokémon by Hoenn Pokédex number
#001 - #051 Treecko - Seaking
#052 - #100 Magikarp - Wailord
#101 - #150 Numel - Tropius
#151 - #202 Chimecho - Deoxys
In the spin-off games
- The Pokédex in Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire displays Pokémon organized by the Generation III Hoenn Pokédex order, except Deoxys is unavailable in this game. After Jirachi (#385), there are 4 additional unnumbered Pokémon, listed in this order: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Aerodactyl.
- Excluding unseen numbers, the Hoenn Pokédex in Generations III and VI is the only one not to include the Eevee evolutionary family.
- In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald:
- If a player without the National Pokédex owns a Pokémon not native to Hoenn (by trading with Pokémon Colosseum), that Pokémon will not appear in the Pokédex and it will not have a Pokédex number in the summary screen until the National Pokédex is obtained.
- If a player catches a wild Pokémon not native to Hoenn prior to obtaining the National Pokédex (which is not possible in normal gameplay) and the player had not obtained that species before, the respective Pokédex entry appears normally at the end of the battle (even though this entry remains inaccessible in the Pokédex itself). This entry seen at the end of battle includes the Hoenn Pokédex number that would normally be unseen (such as #203 for Bulbasaur).