Light Cup (Japanese: ライトカップ Light Cup) is a set of rules that can be chosen in Single Battle mode, Double Battle mode or Flat Battle mode at the Pokémon Communication Club Colosseum in Generation IV. Flat Battle mode is only available in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Light Cup will be available in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum once the player has two Pokémon. However in HeartGold and SoulSilver, in addition to having two Pokémon, the player's childhood friend (Lyra or Ethan) must have shown the player how to catch Pokémon, and given them five Poké Balls.
The following restrictions are implied in the Light Cup:
- Only three Pokémon may be chosen.
- All Pokémon must be Level 50 or lower.
- In Flat Battle mode, Pokémon of any level is allowed as all Pokémon with levels above 50 will be reduced to 50.
- No Pokémon's weight may exceed 218 lbs. (99 kg).
- Pokémon must be of the lowest stage in their evolutionary line.
- "Special Pokémon" may not be entered. This includes "Mythical Pokémon".
- No two Pokémon in any one team may have the same National Pokédex number.
- No two Pokémon in any one team may be holding the same item.
In other languages
|This game mechanic article is part of Project Games, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon games.|