||This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Commander Kamado (Japanese: デンボク Denboku) is the boss of the Galaxy Team. He is an ancestor of Professor Rowan.
In the core series games
Kamado makes his first appearance in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, where the player meets him in the Galaxy Hall after passing Captain Cyllene's trial and becoming an official member of the Galaxy Expedition Team. He issues missions for the player to quell the frenzied noble Pokémon of the Hisui region over the course of the game. He is cautious of the player's identity and intentions, reminding them that they are still a stranger who came from the space-time rift; despite this, he still acknowledges and respects the player's battling prowess as they complete his orders. When the space-time rift grows as a result of the player quelling all of the nobles, Kamado banishes them from the village, believing them to have some sort of connection to the rift and the lightning which agitated the nobles. He is later confronted and defeated by the player at the Temple of Sinnoh, where he concedes to the player and entrusts them with the task of properly dealing with Dialga/Palkia.
Kamado immigrated to Hisui from an unspecified region, after his and Beni's hometown was burned down by maddened Pokémon. Kamado and Beni then came to Hisui, where he hoped to build a new home where people could live free from the fear of Pokémon. After experiencing the incident in his hometown, Kamado strives to protect the people he serves over, which often leads to him making rash, often dangerous decisions.
Kamado uses this team both in the one-time battle at Prelude Beach and the rematches at the Training Grounds.
Path of Tenacity
These fights are made available in version 1.1.0 after completing Request 102: "Daybreak".
All Pokémon have effort level 3 in their stats.
All Pokémon have effort level 5 in their stats.
All Pokémon have effort level 7 in their stats.
In the anime
In the TCG
- Kamado practices sumo and is infamous for sumo throwing people.
- Kamado's mustache is reminiscent of those shown on menpō used by samurai. Such facial hair was historically associated with a warlike character.
- The suit of armor that Kamado wears while battling is highly similar to that of Wikstrom of the Kalos Elite Four.
- Said armor is also stated to be from Galar.
- In the Japanese version of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, when Kamado loses his composure, he takes on a dialect that is often associated with the real life Kansai region, the region Johto is based on.
||From 雷電木 raidenboku (alternate name of the Japanese rowan)
||From 七竈 nanakamado (Japanese rowan) and ナナカマド博士 Dr. Nanakamado, Professor Rowan's Japanese name
||From his Japanese name
|Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
||From Sorbus aucuparia (rowan)
||From cormier (service tree), similar to Professor Rowan's French name "Sorbier"
||From Sorbus aucuparia (rowan)
||From 뇌전목 (雷電木) noejeonmok (alternate name of the Japanese rowan)
||馬加木 / 马加木 Mǎjiāmù
||From 馬加木 / 马加木 mǎjiāmù (alternate name of the Japanese rowan)
||From 馬加木 máhgāmù (alternate name of the Japanese rowan)
||Transcription of his English name
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Official Pokémon Legends: Arceus website (archived): "Commander Kamado, who appears in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, is an ancestor of Professor Rowan, who appears in Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl."
- ↑ Tea Ceremony Kyoto Museum "The purpose of the mustache is to give it more natural look and also more war-like look. During the peaceful ego [sic] period all the men were asked to shave their beards because having a beard may mean the daimyos want to fight and want to revolt against the shogunate."
- ↑ Soruan: "Cosa...? Dice che ne arriva un altro?! Per tutti i mulinelli delle Isole Vorticose! Ma la Catena rossa è ormai in pezzi! Affrontare un’altra lotta del genere sarebbe troppo persino per <Player>!" (Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Italian)
- ↑ Soruan: "Malediz... <Player>! Ritirata, ho detto! O ti faccio fare un volo da qui al Monte Argento!" (Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Italian)