Jamie McGonnigal is an American voice actor for the English-language dub of the Pokémon anime.
McGonnigal began to provide voices for the Pokémon anime during the seventh season. As with most other voice actors who worked with 4Kids Entertainment, he left the anime after the eighth season, when Pokémon USA and TAJ Productions took over the dubbing and distribution of the series. He later returned to the anime in Staging a Heroes' Welcome!. His most prominent roles in the anime are two of Ash's rivals, Barry and Trip.
In addition to being a voice actor, McGonnigal is also a producer, director and activist. He is the Founding Artistic Producer of the World AIDS Day Concerts. He has done much work for Talk About Equality, as well as AIDS charities and foundations.
On May 18, 2013, he married his partner, Sean Carlson.
Other non-Pokémon roles
- Zoda (F-Zero)
- Penchirnone/Tomoro 0117 (The King of Braves GaoGaiGar)
- Kuromarimo, Eyelash (One Piece, 4Kids dub)
- Teddington (Viva Pinata)
- Whippy (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!)
- Thunder (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
- Blitz (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)
- Fortuno (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal)
- Eugene (Three Delivery)
- Mr. Lemonade (Jungle Emperor Leo)
- McGonnigal is a member of Voices for Fosters alongside fellow Pokémon voice actresses Sarah Natochenny and Lisa Ortiz.
|This article is part of Project VA, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each voice actor of the Pokémon anime.|