- If you were looking for the book released in 1999, see How to Draw Pokémon (1999).
How To Draw Pokémon is a Pokémon how-to-draw book. It was written by Tracey West and published by Scholastic. It was released in September 2002.
Gotta Draw 'em All!
Grab your pencil. Pick up some paper. And get ready to draw the coolest, most action-packed Pokémon art ever. Catch step-by-step secret tips on drawing your favorite Pokémon, like Pikachu, Togepi, Chikorita, Meowth, Pichu, Houndour, Lugia, Cyndaquil, and more!
Plus, draw bonus poses of Pokémon in action, and create your own battle scenes!
You'll be a Pokémon-drawing Master in no time!
The book lists instructions on how to draw various Pokémon in a step-by-step manner. The Pokémon listed are: Igglybuff, Cleffa, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Croconaw, Wobbuffet, Pikachu, Pichu (as the Pichu Brothers), Togepi, Meowth (Team Rocket's Meowth), Houndour, Gyarados, Ursaring, Lugia, and Entei, along with how to draw Ash and Pikachu together. Pokémon featured in pictures but not explained include Jumpluff, Jigglypuff, Marill, Girafarig, Hoppip, Gastly, Houndoom, Teddiursa; and Ash's Johto Pokémon team: Totodile, Cyndaquil, Noctowl, Pikachu, Bayleef, and Bulbasaur.
- In one sentence on Wobbuffet's page, Wobbuffet is spelled incorrectly as "Wobbuffett".
- Cleffa's weight is listed as 7 lbs. instead of 6 lbs.
- Totodile's weight is listed as 21 lbs. instead of 20 lbs.
- Wobbuffet has Croconaw's height and weight.
- Houndour's height and weight are missing.