This is the first regular and final chapter of the Pocket Monsters manga. It was first published in the May 2023 issue of CoroCoro Comics, released on April 14, 2023. It is based on the anime episodes The Pendant That Starts It All: Part One and The Pendant That Starts It All: Part Two. It is 49 pages long, including the color cover.
|This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
- Liko, a beginner Trainer from Paldea, enrolls in the Indigo Academy in Kanto.
- Liko receives a Sprigatito as her starter Pokémon.
- Liko has her first Pokémon battle and loses.
- Liko meets Amethio and gets on the radar of the mysterious Explorers organization.
- Liko meets Pokémon Professor Friede for the first time.
- Liko is introduced to the Rising Volt Tacklers.
- Sprigatito (Liko's; new)
- Rotom (Liko's; Rotom Phone)
- Charizard (Friede's)
- Pikachu (Friede's; Captain Pikachu)
- Rotom (Orla's; Rotom Phone)
- Quaxly (Nidothing's)
- Ceruledge (Amethio's)
- Rotom (Amethio's; Rotom Phone)
- Corviknight (Amethio's)
- Skarmory (Onia's)
- Rhydon (Zirc's)
- Skarmory (Zirc's)
- Oshawott (Ann's; new)
- Rayquaza (Lucius's; Shiny)
- Fuecoco (Rising Volt Tacklers')
- Charmander (student's; silhouette)
- Litten (student's; silhouette)
Differences between the anime and the manga
|This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
- CoroCoro Comics May 2023 issue | Shogakukan (Japanese; archive)
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by .|
|This article is part of Project Manga, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each series of Pokémon manga.|