Final Maze (Japanese: さいごのま Final Chamber) is a dungeon in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness as well as Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. It has 48 floors and no relay point. It is unlocked after graduation and can only be entered through the Marowak Dojo, and upon entering the dungeon, all of their items in the Treasure Bag will be lost.
Like other Marowak Dojo mazes, the player is not allowed to bring any items. Items have to be deposited into Kangaskhan Storage before entering, or they will be lost forever. Unlike the other mazes of the dojo, the player will lose some items should they faint; additionally Pokémon can be recruited here. The player cannot be rescued if knocked out here; for purposes of Treasure Boxes, all floors are ranked E.
There's 1-4 items on each floor and 3-5 starting enemies. Unlike other postgame dungeons, there are no traps to be found here - the game will simply spawn 2 to 4 Wonder Tiles. This dungeon contains all 88 TMs present in Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky, including the otherwise rarely seen Dream Eater TM. In Explorers of Time and Darkness, this is also the only place where the player can find HMs.
Floors 1 through 29 are medium-sized with 3-9 rooms, while floors 30 through 48 are large-sized with 3-12 rooms.
There is light darkness in this dungeon. There is water on floors 21 through 24, 26 through 39 and 41 through 43, as well as floors 46 and 48. There is lava present on floor 40.
In Explorers of Time and Darkness, after the Marine Resort's location is revealed, the player will encounter Jirachi, Suicune, and Moltres at B23F, B29F, and B40F respectively. In Explorers of Sky, all three legendary Pokémon have been removed from the dungeon and placed in different locations.
After clearing the maze, Marowak will give the player a Brown Bow as a holdable item, which supposedly once belonged to his grandfather.
Each time player enters a floor, only 14 of the following species that can be found on a given floor will be chosen. The unpicked Pokémon's spawn rate will be added to whichever picked Pokémon is next in the National Dex order, going back to the beginning if needed.
|Machop||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Magnemite||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Doduo||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||6.4%|
|Omanyte||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||6.4%|
|Kabuto||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||6.4%|
|Spinarak||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||6.4%|
|Mareep||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Misdreavus||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Swinub||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Houndour||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Phanpy||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Magby||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Poochyena||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Shroomish||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||6.4%|
|Mawile||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||6.4%|
|Meditite||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||5.5%|
|Bagon||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||6.4%|
|Staravia||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Skorupi||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Carnivine||B1-B48||40, 45, 50||8.2%|
|Suicune tileset||Moltres tileset|
- All of the Pokémon encountered in the Final Maze appear in the Dojo's various mazes (with the obvious exception of the aforementioned Legendary Pokémon). Therefore, the Final Maze could be considered a "spawning ground" of sorts.
- As items cannot be taken in to the Final Maze, this is the only dungeon in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness where the Mystery Part and Secret Slab are not required to encounter its wandering Legendary Pokémon.
- The BGM was changed from Time and Darkness to Sky, along with the other changes.
- Although the dungeon's Legendary Pokémon were moved to new locations in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, the associated tilesets for their floors were kept for unknown reasons.
- B23F of this dungeon uses a tileset that is unused in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team. Back then, it was the original intended tileset for Purity Forest.
In other languages
|This article is part of both Project Locations and Project Sidegames, Bulbapedia projects that, together, aim to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon Locations and Sidegames, respectively.|