Fairy (Egg Group)
|No Eggs Discovered
Most Pokémon in this Egg Group are commonly known as "cute" Pokémon. The members of this group tend not to be as physically large as the members of other Egg Groups, even when fully evolved. Many Pokémon in this group appear to be mostly a head with arms and legs in terms of body shape. A rather large amount of Pokémon from this group are also Fairy-type.
It is also noteworthy that several families that belong to this Egg Group have received a pre-evolution, either in a later generation or, in the case of Togetic, at the same time. There are also several families that are predominantly female.
Only in this Egg Group
In this and another Egg Group
- Along with the Water 1 Egg Group, this Egg Group is the only ones to contain Mythical Pokémon besides the No Eggs Discovered Group.
- Of all the pre-existing Pokémon that became Fairy-type in Generation VI that can breed, only Mr. Mime and the Ralts evolutionary line are not in this Egg Group.
- Clefairy, Clefable, Snubbull, and Granbull share the "Fairy Pokémon" category, which predates the introduction of the Fairy Egg Group and the Fairy-type.
- In English, those four Pokémon have the same name for their type (from Generation VI onwards), Egg Group, and category.
- In Japanese, those four Pokémon have the same name for their category (ようせいポケモン Yōsei Pokémon) and Egg Group (ようせいグループ Yōsei Group), but their type has a different name (フェアリータイプ Fairy-type).
In other languages