In the core series games
If held by a Pokémon that is not fully evolved, raises its Defense and Special Defense by 50%.
The Eviolite only affects Pokémon if their form and species can theoretically evolve in that game.
- If only the regional form of a species can evolve, only the regional form is affected by the Eviolite.
- Meltan is not affected by the Eviolite, because it cannot evolve in the core series games.
- It does not affect Cosplay Pikachu, Pikachu in a cap, or Eternal Flower Floette, because they cannot evolve.
- It does not affect Pikachu, Meowth, or Eevee if they have the Gigantamax Factor, because they cannot evolve.
- It affects male Combee and Salandit (despite them not being able to evolve while females can).
- It still affects Pokémon that can evolve in the current game, even if it is not currently possible to meet the requirements for their evolution. In Pokémon Sword and Shield, Galarian Slowpoke was affected by the Eviolite even before the Galarica Cuff or Galarica Wreath were available. In Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, it affects Ursaring, Stantler, and Hisuian Qwilfish, despite their evolution methods currently being unachievable.
- If held by a transformed Pokémon, the boost is based on its original species, not the species it is transformed into.
||A mysterious evolutionary lump. When held, it raises the Defense and Sp. Def of a Pokémon that can still evolve.
|A mysterious Evolutionary lump. When held by a Pokémon that can still evolve, it raises both Defense and Sp. Def.
||A mysterious evolutionary lump. When held by a Pokémon that can still evolve, it raises both Defense and Sp. Def.
||An item to be held by a Pokémon. This mysterious evolutionary lump boosts the Defense and Sp. Def stats when held by a Pokémon that can still evolve.
GalleryIn the mangaIn the TCGTrivia
In other languagesExternal links
- Eviolite's name may derived from evolution, previous, and the -ite suffix found in the names of many minerals.
- Eviolite's Japanese name contains a pun; しんかのきせき Shinka no Kiseki can also be taken to mean "Miracle of Evolution".