Danny (Jubilife TV)
Danny (Japanese: アキノリ Akinori) is the producer of Jubilife TV.
Danny's design and Japanese name, later used in the Pokémon Adventures manga, originate from Pokémon Daisuki Club promotional materials related to the Pokémon Stamp series, where appears as an image character, portrayed by a real-life man. Those materials confirm that he is the TV producer non-player character from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl that appears on the third floor of Jubilife TV headquarters, asking the player questions to unlock the Mystery Gift.
In the games
Danny, unnamed in the games proper, appears on the yellow-carpeted area on the third floor of Jubilife TV headquarters in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Brilliant Diamond, and Shining Pearl. In all these games, telling him a specific phrase unlocks the Mystery Gift.
In Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, this is achieved using the easy chat system. To unlock the Mystery Gift, the player must answer to the producer's question with the phrase "EVERYONE HAPPY" followed by "Wi-Fi CONNECTION". There are also additional phrases that vary based on game version, language, and Trainer ID number, which can be told to him to unlock special box wallpapers, unavailable otherwise. These could be retrieved from the Daisuki Club website or, unofficially, Filb.de's secret phrase generator.
In Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, the TV producer appears in the very same place, now asking the player about their favorite Jubilife TV show from a selection of three random titles. Initially, the previously secret phrase "EVERYONE HAPPY WI-FI CONNECTION" appears as a selectable fourth option. Choosing it activates the Mystery Gift and the phrase no longer appears as a selectable option. If the player tells him any other phrase, Danny will give them 1 or 3 Stickers of a single type. This can be done only once per day, but choosing "EVERYONE HAPPY WI-FI CONNECTION" does not count towards this limit.
Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
- Jubilife TV, 3F
- When talked to
- Hey, there! How’s it going? I’m a TV producer here. Are you watching TV? So, let me ask you. Will you tell me your opinion on TV?
- If answered "no"
- Oh, all right. I can understand how busy it must get for you. It’d be cool if you could answer my questions when you’ve got time. See you again!
- After telling the first two words
- Oh, yeah? That’s interesting. Moving right along, what feedback an you give me about TV?
- After telling four words that are not a secret phrase
- Oh, yeah? That’s interesting. Thanks for answering my questions. I’ll file it away for reference. Keep your channel tuned to Jubilife TV!
- After telling "EVERYONE HAPPY WI-FI CONNECTION"
- ...Oh? The fact that you know that phrase tells me you’re someone in the know. You’re a Trainer, right? I’ll pull some strings for you. I think I can swing a deal so you can receive a Mystery Gift. Make sure you keep your channel tuned to Jubilife TV.
- After telling a secret phrase that unlocks a box wallpaper
- ...Oh? The fact that you know that phrase tells me you’re someone in the know. You’re a Trainer, right? I’ll pull some strings for you. I think I can swing a deal to get you a new wallpaper for your PC Boxes. Make sure you keep your channel tuned to Jubilife TV.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
- Jubilife TV, 3F
- When talked to
- Hey there! How’s it going? I’m a TV producer here. Can I get your opinion about something, to help improve our future programming?
- If answered "yes"
- Thanks! Just trying to get a feel for our viewers’ preferences, you know! So, what kind of TV programs do you like?
- If answered "no"
- Oh, all right. I can understand how busy it must get for you. It’d be cool if you could give me an answer when you’ve got time. See you again!
- After choosing a TV program
- Oh, yeah? That’s interesting. Thanks for answering my question. I’ll file that away for reference. And here, have a Sticker as thanks for your time!
- After choosing a TV program that activates additional stickers
- Oh? The fact that you like such a program tells me you’re someone in the know! In fact, I’m gonna go ahead and give you extra Stickers!
- After choosing the phrase "EVERYONE HAPPY WI-FI CONNECTION"
- ......Oh? The fact that you know that phrase tells me you’re someone in the know. You’re a Trainer, right? I’ll pull some strings for you. I think I can swing a deal so you’ll be able to get a Mystery Gift.
- When talked to after answering the daily question (if Mystery Gift was already activated)
- Make sure you keep your channel tuned to Jubilife TV.
|Overworld sprite from|
Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
In the manga
Danny debuted in Stagestruck Starly. He was first seen giving Diamond and Pearl an award for their performance the Next Generation Comedy Grand Prix, an event produced by him. The prize was meant to be a free Bicycle ride around Sandgem Town, but Diamond and Pearl accidentally bumped into Professor Rowan, causing the letter containing their prize to end up in the hands of Paka and Uji.
Danny was later mentioned Perturbed by Pachirisu by the Pokémon Fan Club Chairman, who ordered to send a letter to him.
- In version 1.0.0 of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, the script intended to award Burning Sticker A from the producer was corrupted. Instead, he gave a glitched blank sticker. This was corrected in subsequent revisions.
- In VIZ Media's English translation of Perturbed by Pachirisu, Danny is mentioned as Denis by the chairman.
- In Chuang Yi's English translation of the manga, Danny's name is omitted and he is referred to only as producer.
- The scene from Perturbed by Pachirisu, where the Pokémon Fan Club Chairman sends Danny a letter with a Pikachu stamp, is a direct reference to his appearance in the real-life Pokémon Stamp-related materials. The chairman appeared in a very similar role, also portrayed by a real-life man, years prior.
|This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: French, Italian, Spanish, Korean and Chinese names from the manga (refer to PS338 and PS351), may be unnamed in some versions.
|English (VIZ Media)||Danny|
|Denis*||From Bird Keeper Denis, a Trainer from Generation II games with the same Japanese name.|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Danny||Same as his English name|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|