Clear Body (Ability)
Clear Body (Japanese: クリアボディ Clear Body) is an Ability introduced in Generation III.
Clear Body prevents stat reduction caused by other Pokémon's moves and Abilities (such as Scary Face and Intimidate), including Sticky Web. Clear Body does not prevent self-inflicted stat reductions such as from moves like Superpower or Shell Smash.
Clear Body only protects from effects that lower stat stages, so it does not prevent stat reduction from items like the Iron Ball, the status conditions paralysis or burn, or the moves Guard Split or Power Split.
Clear Body does not prevent stat stages being directly modified by Heart Swap, Guard Swap, Power Swap, Baton Pass, or Topsy-Turvy. It does not prevent Spectral Thief from stealing (i.e., resetting) positive stat changes.
This Ability is ignored by moves and Abilities that ignore Abilities, such as Mold Breaker.
Outside of battle
Clear Body has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Clear Body
In other games
In the manga
- Crystal's Metagross is revealed to have Clear Body as its Ability.
- Steven's Metagross, Beldum, and Metang are revealed to have Clear Body as their Ability.
- Brandon's Regirock, Registeel, and Regice are revealed to have Clear Body as their Ability.
- A Diancie that Ruby used was revealed to have Clear Body as its Ability.
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!
|Abilities or moves that lower stats are negated.|
|User||First Chapter Used In||Notes|
|Regirock||Regirock's stats are not lowered when the opponent activates an Ability that lowers stats.|
|Candice's Regirock||A Novel Test!!||Debut|
- In A Novel Test!!, Candice's Regice and Registeel were both mentioned to have Clear Body, but neither of them were shown activating it.
In other languages
|Variations of the Ability Clear Body|
|Clear Body • White Smoke • Full Metal Body|
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|