Become a Pokémon Trainer
|Become a Pokémon Trainer|
Become a Pokémon Trainer is a book for young readers by Michael Teitelbaum. It is a level 3 reader, designed for children who are learning to read on their own.
Become a Pokémon Trainer provides an introduction to the world of Pokémon as well as an explanation of Ash Ketchum's progress in the anime. Despite its publication in 2008, it describes Ash's adventures in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and the Orange Archipelago, as well as Sinnoh.
- What is a Pokémon Trainer? - Professor Oak describes what it means to be a Pokémon Trainer.
- Pokémon Trainer Equipment - Describes the functions of the Pokédex and Poké Balls.
- Trainers and their Pokémon - Explains starter Pokémon, capturing Pokémon, and training Pokémon.
- Gym Leaders - Explains Gyms, Gym Leaders, Gym Badges, the Elite Four, and introduces the Pokémon League.
- The League - Describes the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members of the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Leagues. Also contains a sidebar with information on the Orange Crew.
- Top Trainers - Short biographies of Ash, Misty, Brock, Gary Oak and May.
- Classic Battles - Summaries of some events from the anime, including Ash's first battle with Pikachu, Gary's battle against Ash in the Silver Conference, and others.
There is also a glossary at the back of the book defining several terms from the Pokémon canon as well as other words used in the book that young readers may not be familiar with.
|This article is part of Project Merchandise, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all Pokémon toys, dolls, books, and collectible merchandise.|