Appendix:Pokémon Ranger 2 walkthrough/Section 3
When you wake up, Barlow is in a frenzy - someone set the Vien Forest on fire! Barlow immediately sends you into the forest to put the fire out.
Mission 3: Fight the Vien Forest Fire!
Head out for the Vien Forest, which is north (↑) of Vien Town. At the entrance of the forest, you'll meet see Mimi. Mimi's Happiny have run off into the burning forest! Now, you must also find Mimi's Happiny, in addition to fighting the fire.
1. Just around the bend, a Burning Log falls in your way. The crash startles 4 Budew into attacking you. Capture them and, then cross the river and go up a screen. There, capture a Wartortle, and bring it back to the Burning Log and douse the Log.
2. To the right is the first Happiny. Capture it. Continue along the path, and find the other two Happiny's. Capture them, and bring all the Happiny's back to Mimi.
3. Go back to the place of the last Happiny. Continue along the path, putting out more Burning Logs, and soon you'll run into Crawford. He'll tell you to get a Blastoise to put out the flames. Head his advice, and find a Blastoise!
4. Blastoise is found near the river, so go left out of the burning area, and down. The Roselia you pass will be helpful in capturing Blastoise. Once captured, bring Blastoise to the burning area again. Walk towards the middle section, and a question mark should appear over your head. When it does, use Blastiose's Rain Dance Area Move.
5. After the flames are quenched, a strange man appears near a broken red machine. He seems a little worried. Take the man in for questioning, and it's Mission Clear!
6. Back at the Ranger Base, you're promoted to Ranger Rank 2! You can now use Fire and Fighting Poké Assists!
Quests after Mission 3
After completing Mission 3, there are some Quests for you to do.
The old lady in Vientown, near the Ranger Base, loves Combee, and has been worried that the fire has driven away all the Combee. Go into the Vien Forest, near where you found the strange man. Capture a Combee, and bring it back to the old lady. The lady will be very happy, and thank you for bringing her a Combee. You get an Electric Defense as a reward.
Mr. Woodward lives in the lower-left house in Vientown. He is the resident woodworker. Mr. Woodward is annoyed about fallen logs in the Vien Forest. He asks you to clear them.
The first log is where the first burning log was. You need Roselia to clear the log. Go to where you found the Roselia last time (west (←) of the burned part) and capture it. Use Roselia on the first log.
Go back and get Roselia again, and use her, this time, on the log just south (↓) of the charred section. It's blocking the skinnier bridge.
When all done, go back to Mr. Woodward! He'll thank you, and you get a Long Line power up, which lengthens the line of your Capture Styler.
The boy is concerned about the crates that have washed ashore, becoming an eyesore. Go to Nabiki Beach, and capture a Bidoof. Use it to destroy the crates. When done, you get a Normal Defense.
Go back to the Ranger Base when done.
Prof. Hastings has come to the Vientown Ranger Base to take a look at the mysterious machine from Marine Cave. The Prof. mentions that he saw people carrying similar machines in Pueltown. Barlow send you and Luana to Pueltown to sort this out!
This time through the Vien Forest, you're going to the other end!
To make your way through, you go north (↑) as far as you can, then follow the path out of the Forest. Make sure to capture the Bibarel near the exit.
Mission 4: Destroy the Strange Machines!
1. The moment you enter Pueltown, it is obvious something is wrong. It's just like Marine Cave, so you have to find and destroy the machines!
2. The first machine is right next to the Ranger Depot. A Ranger Depot is a place like a Ranger Base, but only houses an Operator to recharge your styler. Use the Bibarel to destroy the machine.
3. Go back to the Vien Forest, and recapture Bibarel. Then go north (↑) of the Ranger Depot to find a machine near some steps. Destroy the machine.
4. Capture the newly freed Growlithe near the Ranger Depot. Climb the steps next to the machine you just destroyed. Go to the west part of town.
5. There are now green machines, and there are two on the west side of Pueltown. Destroy one, then go south toward an electrified gate. Go into the house on the left. Capture the Growlithe, and destroy the second green machine.
6. Use the nearby Voltorb to open the electrified gate. Then grab the Growlithe in the house again, and recapture the Voltorb outside. Then, go down the steps, and all the way across town to the east side. Use the Voltorb on the gate and go up the steps.
7. You'll find a girl named Melody (Isaac's sister) surrounded by rogue Pokémon. Use Growlithe to destroy the nearby green machine. Go left of Melody, onto a bridge. Capture the Elekid, and go back to Melody. Go down the steps to the south, and destroy the nearby blue machine with Elekid. Go east (→).
8. You've reached the Pueltown Docks. Go north and you'll find a gang of people who call themselves Team Dim Sun. They get mad at you for destroying the machines, and send 4 Rattata at you. Capture them. Immediately after, they send out a Toxicroak. This is your first boss fight. Don't panic at the enlarged friendship meter. Just capture it.
9. Afterward, Team Dim Sun flees, you go back to Vientown, and it's Mission Clear!
Vientown and Chicole Village
Back in Vientown, Ollie askes you to go with him to Chicole Village. Go with him. In Chicole Village, you hear the Partner Farm is being haunted by a hat. It's only a Kricketot, but you capture it and it becomes a Partner Pokémon. Finally, deliver Ollie to the house in the lower-right corner of Chicole Village.
Quests after Mission 4
This guy is in the Vien Forest, near Pueltown. Follow the path toward Vientown. The first crate is near the stairs. Use a nearby Happiny to destroy the crate. recapture Happiny, and continue along the path. The second crate is also by stairs, but on the other side of Lookout Ridge. Report back to the man when done. You get a Bug Defense as a reward.
Talk to Webster, who is near Tiny Tim's Farm. He tells you that a rock flattened the Breeze Hill sign, and wants you to get rid of the rock. Go to the furthest room in Marine Cave and capture a Nosepass. Take it to Breeze HIll and destroy the rock. You get a Dark Defense as a reward.
On the path in the Vien Forest near Vientown, a young man asks you to help a Cranidos. Go up to the river, and follow it left, but don't cross it. Go down once you hit some trees, to find a lone tree. A Wartortle is chasing a Cranidos around the tree. Capture them both! Once you do, Cranidos becomes a Partner Pokémon.
|Pokémon Ranger 2
|This article is part of Project Walkthroughs, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive step-by-step guides on each Pokémon game.|