| Battling into the Hall of Fame!
Battling into the Hall of Fame! (Japanese: チームバトル！殿堂入り決戦！！ Team Battle! Competing for the Hall of Fame!!) is the 42nd episode of the XY series, and the 841st episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on September 4, 2014 and in the United States on November 1, 2014.
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
Professor Sycamore's summer camp is about to conclude, and Team Rocket decides this is the perfect time to spring into action. But, shortly after the villains throw off their camp cook disguises and try to steal everyone's Pokémon, they get sent blasting off once again
The scheduled events resume with Team Froakie (Ash, Serena, and Clemont) and Team Squirtle (Tierno, Shauna, and Trevor) facing off in the finals of the Team Battle competition, where the three members of each team have to work together and combine their Pokémon's moves. As before, Tierno's rhythmic battling style poses quite a challenge! Team Froakie manages to come out on top, but Ash is so impressed that he asks Tierno for some special training.
The next morning, it's time for the friends to go their separate ways, but they make plans to meet up again soon. Now, our heroes are off once more to Shalour City!
On day six of the Pokémon Summer Camp, the final event, the Team Battle competition, has started. Professor Sycamore begins by explaining the tournament, and mentions that the top two teams - Team Froakie (Ash and his friends) and Team Squirtle (Tierno, Shauna and Trevor) - are at equal points. Back at the lodge, Clemont, Trevor, Shauna and Tierno explain to Ash, Serena and Bonnie that a Team Battle involves battling as a team using various types of formations.
The competition starts with Ash, Serena and Clemont facing a team consisting of Furfrou, Manectric and Fletchling. Pikachu begins with Electro Ball, which Fennekin combines with Hidden Power to form a battle combo move. Clemont commands Bunnelby to use Dig. Electro Ball and Hidden Power knock out the opposing Manectric and Fletchling, while Dig knocks out Furfrou. Professor Sycamore then announces that Ash and the group have advanced to the final, facing Team Squirtle for the last battle. Before the final, both teams are given time for a strategy meeting.
Meanwhile, Team Rocket, still disguised as chefs, are spying on the group. They plan to steal Team Squirtle's Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur so that they will be able to lure in Pikachu who will be bound to come and rescue them. But using the stolen Pokémon as a shield, they plan to catch Pikachu who will be unable to attack Team Rocket. They are then summoned by Madame Catherine who asks them to cook food, but as she leaves, they reveal that they will no longer be acting as chefs at the Summer Camp. Team Rocket then approach Tierno's group. As 'kudos', Team Rocket offer their Pokémon a health check-up, lying that Nurse Joy is busy with Pikachu and the others. The three hand over their Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbsaur into a cart. Team Rocket then run off into the woods, and Jessie commands Pumpkaboo to use Leech Seed, trapping Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur inside the cart.
At the Pokémon Center, Nurse Joy hands over Pikachu, Fennekin, and Bunnelby to Ash and his group. Tierno and the group then arrive, asking Nurse Joy for their Pokémon. However, Nurse Joy becomes puzzled as she had not received their Pokémon. Tierno's group then explain that they had handed their Pokémon over to the Summer Camp chefs and that it had been awhile ago.
At Ash's advice, the groups decide to split up to look for them. But just as they leave the Pokémon Center, Bunnelby and Fennekin already begin to sense where Team Rocket are, and then run off in one direction. Soon, the two groups find Team Rocket with Madame Catherine, who is asking Team Rocket where they had been. At Fennekin's insistence, Pikachu pulls off the cloth covering Team Rocket's cart, revealing Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur trapped inside. Team Rocket then reveal their true identities, and call out Pumpkaboo and Inkay. They threaten to Ash and his friends that if they attack, Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur will be harmed, and then instead offers Pikachu to join Team Rocket.
But then out of the ground, Bunnelby hits Team Rocket with a surprise Dig. With this opening, Froakie and Fennekin run toward Team Rocket. Froakie uses its frubbles on Pumpkaboo and Inkay, while Fennekin uses Scratch, freeing the three trapped Pokémon. Froakie then uses Cut on the whole cart to break the cart in half. Pikachu finishes off with Thunderbolt, causing Team Rocket to blast off.
In the afternoon, the final battle commences with Team Froakie's Pikachu, Chespin, and Fennekin, against Team Squirtle's Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur. Pikachu begins with Quick Attack, and Trevor's Charmander attempts to stop it with Flamethrower. However, this is blocked by Fennekin's own Flamethrower, protecting Pikachu. Pikachu then attacks Squirtle, but Squirtle's Rapid Spin deflects and throws Pikachu away. Squirtle then hits Fennekin with Water Gun. Chespin retaliates Vine Whip on Squirtle, which is deflected again by Squirtle's spin. Trevor then commands Charmander to use Flame Burst on Chespin, with its embers also hitting Pikachu next to Chespin. Bulbasaur uses Razor Leaf, hitting all three Pokémon.
Bulbasaur then proceeds with charging up Solar Beam, and Tierno and Trevor plan to buy Bulbasaur some time. Tierno commands Squirtle to use Aqua Tail, which overpowers Fennekin's Hidden Power, causing Fennekin to faint. Charmander uses Flamethrower, which Pikachu dodges, but then Bulbasaur fires off its now-ready Solar Beam at Pikachu. Clemont commands Chespin to use Vine Whip, which picks up Pikachu, narrowly avoiding the Solar Beam. Pikachu then hits Charmander with Thunderbolt, causing it to faint.
Chespin's Vine Whip then blocks Squirtle's Rapid Spin, while Pikachu fires off a surprise Electro Ball, making Bulbasaur unable to battle. Squirtle then uses Aqua Tail which Pikachu dodges. Pikachu retaliates with Thunderbolt, causing Squirtle to faint. Team Froakie are then announced to be the winners, allowing their names to be put into the Hall of Fame.
On the final night, fireworks light up the sky, celebrating the week at the Summer Camp. Ash approaches Tierno and asks Tierno to show him his rhythmic battle style to prepare his battle at the Shalour Gym. Back at the lodge, Tierno teaches Ash and his Pokémon how to 'move and groove'. Ash is surprised that he must also move and groove along with the Pokémon.
Next morning, Professor Sycamore officially announces the end of the camp.
- The Pokémon Summer Camp ends.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
- Nurse Joy
- Professor Sycamore
- Diantha (picture)
- Madame Catherine
- Summer Camp Trainers
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Meowth (Team Rocket)
- Wobbuffet (Jessie's)
- Dedenne (Clemont's)
- Froakie (Ash's)
- Fletchinder (Ash's)
- Hawlucha (Ash's)
- Fennekin (Serena's)
- Bunnelby (Clemont's)
- Chespin (Clemont's)
- Pumpkaboo (Jessie's; Super Size)
- Inkay (James's)
- Bulbasaur (Shauna's)
- Squirtle (Tierno's)
- Charmander (Trevor's)
- Wigglytuff (Nurse Joy's)
- Ralts (Diantha's; picture)
- Furfrou (Trainer's)
- Manectric (Trainer's)
- Fletchling (Trainer's)
- Conkeldurr (Trainer's)
- Espurr (Trainer's)
- Swirlix (Trainer's)
- Sableye (Trainer's)
- Electrode (Trainer's)
- Skitty (Trainer's)
- Psyduck (Trainer's)
- Solosis (Trainer's)
- Panpour (Trainer's)
- Purrloin (Trainer's)
- Pidgeotto (Trainer's)
- Sandile (Trainer's)
- Swablu (Trainer's)
- Wooper (Trainer's)
- Sneasel (Trainer's)
- Spearow (Trainer's)
- Poochyena (Trainer's)
- Swanna (Trainer's)
- Starly (Trainer's)
- Marill (Trainer's)
- Skitty (Trainer's; fantasy)
- Sandile (Trainer's; fantasy)
- Pansear (Trainer's; fantasy)
- Pidgeotto (Trainer's; fantasy)
- Staryu (Trainer's; fantasy)
- Psyduck (Trainer's; fantasy)
- Larvitar (Trainer's; picture)
- Aron (Trainer's; picture)
- Espurr (Trainer's; picture)
- Pangoro (Trainer's; picture)
- Furfrou (Trainer's; Kabuki Trims; picture)
- Honedge (Trainer's; picture)
- Floette (Trainer's; Yellow Flower; picture)
- Helioptile (Trainer's; picture)
- Binacle (Trainer's; picture)
- Xerneas (silhouette; flashback)
- Wingull (multiple)
- Mairin's Mega Evolution Journal: Mega Sceptile
- This segment replaced Professor Oak's Pokémon Holo Caster due to the upcoming SS031.
- This is the first time the Pokémon Quiz segment features human characters (in this case, Team Rocket) rather than a Pokémon.
- In the Pokémon Quiz segment, the answer music is not heard.
- This episode concludes the four-part Pokémon Summer Camp arc.
- Korrina and Ash narrate the preview for the next episode.
- Team Rocket breaks the fourth wall when Jessie's Wobbuffet pops up and Jessie says he is covering her face and he popped out too early. She then talks directly to the camera, explaining the trio's evil plan.
- The point rating system used during the Pokémon Summer Camp continues to be inconsistent with the points seen being given onscreen. Before the Team Battle tournament, Professor Sycamore states the highest ranked teams are Team Froakie, consisting of Ash and his friends, and Team Squirtle, consisting of Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna, with both teams having 13 points. However, in the previous episodes of this arc, Team Chikorita was shown to have obtained at least 24 points. This would mean that, even though Team Froakie won the last activity, winning 10 points and as such the whole Pokémon Summer Camp, they would still have one point less than Team Chikorita. Also, before the Team Battle tournament, Team Charmander was shown to have obtained at least 13 points, the same amount as Team Froakie and Team Squirtle, yet they weren't said to be tied with them.
In other languages
|Danish||En kamp lige ind i Æresgalleriet!|
|Dutch||Vechten voor een plaats in de eregalerij!|
|European French||Un dernier combat pour entrer au Panthéon !|
|German||Kampf um die Ruhmeshalle!|
|Greek||Μάχη για την Αίθουσα Διασήμων!|
|Hebrew||!נלחמים על היכל התהילה|
|Italian||Lotta per la Sala d'onore!|
|Korean||팀배틀! 전당 등록을 향한 결전!!|
|Norwegian||Kampen om æresgalleriet!|
|Polish||Bitwy o galerię sław!|
|Portuguese||Brazil||Batalhando Pelo Hall da Fama!|
|Portugal||Combater para Entrar no Corredor da Fama!|
|Russian||Бой за зал славы!|
|Spanish||Latin America||¡Luchando para Llegar al Salón de la Fama!|
|Spain||¡Combatiendo por el Hall de la Fama!|
|Swedish||Striden in i Hall of Fame!|
|Vietnamese||Đấu nhóm! Trận quyết chiến để vào đấu trường danh vọng!|
|This episode article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|