Polygon's TM name
Please do your checks more thoroughly. The Polygon/ポリゴン in the trademark database is not for the Pokémon. Moreover the spelling Porygon is used internally in Pokémon XD and Colosseum. - 振霖T 07:28, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
Serebii's reported English names
Could you stop moving everything? Look, there's more than enough reason to believe that Serebii's pulling a large April Fool's joke. If you wait until tomorrow, then you can at least be sure whether or not it's real. But if it does turn out to be a hoax (which I'm fairly certain it will), you're just making a bigger mess for us to clean up later. Thank you. --Pie ~♪♫ 22:14, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
Oops. Sorry, I was on a quest to add descriptions for status moves and mistook cdesc for bdesc. The former states that it would do in a contest, the latter what it does during battle. --Tinlv7
Speedy deletion criteria
It's not really a good idea to edit the page from one criteria for speedy deletion to another. "Talk:Matt" was initially nominated because it was a redirect to Talk:Shizuku, a different Team Aqua Admin entirely. By blanking Talk:Matt, it now fit a different speedy deletion criteria: lack of content. Maybe if you'd brought up a legitimate comment instead of blanking the page, I wouldn't be posting this right now...--Shiningpikablu252 02:08, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
I thought Kasurin would come from Kasumi Loverin? The only page that Cuserin brings up is that one, but Kasurin has loads about it, and it seems the english name Caserin's spelling comes from it. Cooper 03:30, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
Ignore the first sentence. Kasumi + rin, rin being a suffix used in nicknames (like this) meaning puny. Like I said though, that page is the only one Google finds for Cuserin that is Pokemon related. Kasurin is definately the most used translation of the name.
Saying that Cuserin is more likely as a name is your opinion, both have an equal chance because of the absence of an official translation. Since Kasurin is actually used, shouldn't it be on the page? There isn't any solid evidence for Cuserin, except speculation about it, but Kasurin is actually used. For simplicity's sake at least, shouldn't it be Kasurin? Cooper 04:37, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
Any response? Cooper 11:15, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
Why did you remove it then? Young kids found a page boring without a set of images? Come on.
- Maybe because people have been inserting links to bulbapedia every where they fricking can on wikipedia, and it's getting a bit ridiculous? Like for Miyako Itō, where the bulbapedia link is the FIRST one, and she's only had one pokemon role?
- Seriously, how much does this site need its ego padded? 'cause this is slightly ridiculous.KrytenKoro 11:20, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
Gold's Sunflora's name is really Sintaro. I have Chuang Yi's version of volumes 8 and 9 and I know better. It wasn't a typo. Gold named Sunflora Sintaro because she's a "Sincere Pokémon". So, don't change this. --Maxim 16:59, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
Image for EP002
I'm sorry, but if you decided to change the Pulse Bomb title to Wave Bomb you should also change it on the List of Diamond & Pearl episodes page and the DP066 page. Pikastorm File:Ani175MS.gifぴか中 20px (16:46, 7 March 2008 (UTC))
- The title should be "Pulse Bomb". Because it needs to have consistency with the other attacks that has "Hadou" in it. The attacks are:
- Dragon PULSE ---------悪の波動 (りゅうのはどう)
- Dark PULSE -----------悪の波動 (あくのはどう)
- Water PULSE ----------水の波動 (みずのはどう)
- PULSE PULSE -----------波動弾 (はどうだん)
- . 脈拍｛みゃくはく｝、脈｛みゃく｝、脈動｛みゃくどう｝、鼓動｛こどう｝、振動｛しんどう｝、波動｛はどう｝
- . 爆弾｛ばくだん｝、爆発物
I don't think you should change the title to Aura Sphere "Pulse Bomb", he needs to change the Japanese title to Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, and Water Pulse. So Pulse Bomb is the correct title. Also it's not just "Lucario's Hadou", it is also Dialga's and Palkia's, Mewtwo's and Mew's Hadou, sense they can also learn "Aura Sphere". Pikastorm File:Ani175MS.gif ぴか中 20px ( 23:04, 10 March 2008 (UTC))
- i don't. i can't choose, i like it, i don't. i'm just concerned about the other attacks with hadou (ex. water pulse, dragon ~ you get the idea, ) but are right about hadou and wave, so we should just use the 'pulse' because of the other attacks for consistency. i don't think YOUR title is bad....
In the future
In the future, when you disagree with an editorial member's decision, contact him or her and voice your opinion. By simply reverting the reversion you are asking for an editing feud, which is not only a bad idea in general, but also unwise when the member supersedes you in rank.
Given the fact that you clearly had no problem when the Platinum page previously made no mention of when Regigigas will be distributed, it strikes me as hypocritical on your part to suddenly be bothered by a minute difference of three or two days. For your information, "will be distributed" implies "at some unspecified date", and that is by far more inaccurate than "currently distributed". That said, I have agreed to state the actual date in the paragraph and leave it at that until the 20th.
I expect to see you revert the sentence back to the original phrasing come this Friday. If you sit by idly, you will have wasted my time with these so-called pedantics. Oh, I suppose you will be interested to know the exact time each of the Japanese retail stores will begin the promotion, won't you? -Unown Lord 06:34, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
Hey, the Gerudo info isn't inane. Granted that the "Roserade sounds like an energy drink" does sound rather stupid, the Roserade-Gerudo thing does have a pretty good connection. Rpp 03:19, 3 July 2008 (UTC)Rpp
- Nevermind, I don't care about it anymore. Rpp 21:41, 28 July 2008 (UTC)Rpp
I'm trying to rollback the vandalized pages
But it keeps saying that the person is the only author of the page. You fixed White City that way though, what's the trick? I'll do whatever it takes. Toastypk 07:09, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
On becoming an admin!Emperor's Cookies 00:18, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Todd Snap pic
This is a somewhat random question, but...
Why did you name your Noctowl Artemis? Athena would've made more sense, seeing as Athena was not only the ancient Greek goddess of wisdom (and Noctowl is stated to be very wise), but Athena was also said in Greek mythology to take the form of an owl. --Shiny Noctowl 04:28, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
Can you help?
i got 2 accounts and if your so b1tchy about little things il change itRitchie
- Actually, you are the best person who understands kanji on this site (or so I have found), even if it just a little bit. I can deal with confusing if you can get me the translation. MoldyOrange 18:58, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- I now have the scan for the Latios and Latias card. (a:Image:Latias Latios J Promo.jpg) If we can get translations for these two cards, it will finish the "J" Promotional cards. If you could please work on them, I would appreciate it. MoldyOrange 19:43, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- The following may be the hardest thing I have ever asked you to do, I need a translation for the following card, i order to complete the TCG: a:Image:Top4trainers.jpg I know it is a horrible image and the text is extremely hard to read, but anything you can get at all will help. There are 85 cards left in the world that we don't have pages for yet, and this would be considered the hardest of the 85 left to do; Good luck, you will need it. (Maybe if you save it to your computer and zoom in on the image, you might get something.) MoldyOrange 03:55, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
...um. No. No need for "the". We don't have "The Scientist Gideon" or "The Boss Giovanni", and so on. No need for thes in Frontier Brain articles. They're just named "position name" because of the potential for need for disambig pages... like with Lucy. Pike Queen Lucy looks better than Lucy (Battle Frontier), and it's consistent among all of them. TTEchidna 05:05, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
Here's the thing...
I understand that the merging of articles should be discussed, but in the case of Floaroma Meadow, there's really no case in favor of a merge. It's a nearby location, such as Solaceon Ruins, not part of the town. Nobody seems to agree with the guy who suggested the merge in the first place. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 00:46, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- Well, I was kind of hoping, since I don't know much about Kanji and translations either, that you would be able to help with an expansion project that I wasn't expecting to be as large as it actually was. See, I made Category:Pokémon cards in need of Japanese name translations and Category:Pokémon cards in need of Japanese names, and I was hoping you would be able to help, because you helped with this sort of thing before MaverickNate 23:22, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- We've been pulling the Kanji from the Japanese TCG website, but some, we cannot translate into romantization correctly and we need you to do it. Start with the two moves here, here, and this: しっぽビンタ. MaverickNate 06:20, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- What does this mean :ふいをつく ? MaverickNate 04:31, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
We found an old set of promo cards, so old that they are no longer on the Japanese TCG website. Could you tell us the what the attacks mean and things like that, if we show you the images? MaverickNate 19:13, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- I hope they're big enough. Starting with number one: a:Image:McDonaldBulbasaur.jpg. MaverickNate 19:36, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- #2: a:Image:McDonaldOddish.jpg MaverickNate 00:17, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- Numero Tres: a:Image:McDonaldChikorita.jpg MaverickNate 02:17, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- Next: a:Image:McDonaldCharmander.jpg. You can get me these whenever, you don't have to get them to me right when I put them on your page. MaverickNate 02:53, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well, then we can just keep this moving then. a:Image:McDonaldVulpix.jpg MaverickNate 03:00, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- a:Image:McDonaldCyndaquil.jpg. MaverickNate 20:14, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
We need to make up for lost time...
So I'm going to start an overhaul by type, starting with water and the leftover from fire...
- Also, I need a little more. Attacks from Saturn's Toxicroak: にげかえる (Poké-POWER), ポイズンリベンジ (attack). And attacks from Jupiter's Probopass: ノーズユニット (attack) and すごいはないき (attack). Thanks, this should do it for a while, unless you decide to do more of the jname/jtrans things from the 5th Movie Half Deck or something. Those are always helpful, but you don't need to do it. MaverickNate 02:38, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you, you are so awesome! MaverickNate 02:50, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Also, please add [[Category:Ranger templates]] to
You're an admin, right?
- Thanks again. — THE TROM — 07:24, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
I noticed that you translated this as "Teeter dance". I know that you know quite a bit of Japanese, but I might have to call you out on this one. The English name is "The Hula-la". I know that I don't know as much Japanese as you do, but I do believe that
(fu[hu])(ra)(fu[hu])(ra)(da)(n)(su) (Hula-Hula dance) would be a more accurate translation. What do you think? Thank you for your time. --RexRacer -talk 04:22, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Could you find the Japanese name for Cacophony? It'd be helpful. Also, could you fill in the jnames and jtrans of the 5th Movie Half Deck as well. I'm not sure if they are correct and most are not even done. Thanks in advance! ;) MaverickNate 03:11, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ohh okay--☆Coolピカチュウ! 02:23, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- For the Flying Pokémon Kids page, I've got some of it romanized. Don't have my kanji book with me, though, so it is choppy. If you could finish it for me, I'd really apprecite it. See here and here for he page and what I have done so far. When I say (wa?) I mean that the ha could in fact be a particle wa, but the kanji makes it difficult for me to know. Anyway, thanks!-RexRacer -talk 02:55, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
HOW DARE YOU?!
It's YOU who put those fake Japanese Leader titles into the articles. TELL ME where did you get them from, NOW! --Maxim 16:45, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
In order to keep our Administrator list currently up-to-date, this is a generic "are you there" message.
You've been assumed as currently active and are already marked as such, but if you disagree with this, either edit the List of administrators to reflect your status (Active, Hiatus, Inactive), or reply here when you get the chance. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 16:11, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
Are those official, or are those just some random Engrish that you found in JDICT (or other dictionary)? --Maxim 08:39, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry for a drastic move. But that's what happens when you ignore me. --Maxim 16:00, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Handled. — THE TROM — 06:51, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Where did you get such romanisation? It looks terrible! Is it official spelling? --Maxim 07:50, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- True. Sonō was probably an error (since it is not ソノウ or ソノー) but I think Sono-o looks weird. I think Sonoo is better, even though it can be mispronounced (but, so can be "Fushigidane" and all other Japanese names). So I think it should be changed to Sonoo. --Maxim 08:09, 6 May 2009 (UTC)