Welcome to Bulbapedia, LDEJRuff!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:LDEJRuff/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
About Minccino's Trivia
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Changes button... Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Thanks! ----rockersk08 04:43, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
Hey, I noticed you've made a lot of edits to the Banned episodes page recently. Might I suggest you use the preview button from now on? It will save on the amount of edits saved, and will make things look more organized to do them all in one edit rather than multiple. Thank you~ ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 04:44, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
It's against the rules to create a talk page for an image file on Bulbapedia. Instead, if you wish to discuss an image, it must be discussed on the Archives talk pages instead. Thanks. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 16:19, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
Snow Way Out and Holiday Hi-Jynx
Just because no one has said anything or done anything does not give you the right to go ahead with the proposal. Wait for an admin or EB member to respond to you. I have asked the other admins about your proposal, in the mean time, wait for our response.--ForceFire 06:26, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
- We've decided not to move it until another issue regarding the episodes have been addressed.--ForceFire 06:28, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
- Also, that's not how you change the page title. To do that you use the "move" tab at the top of the page. You should NEVER copy/paste content and redirect the old title to move a page. If you cannot move the page due to move protection, that means that there is a good reason it shouldn't be moved. --SnorlaxMonster 06:41, 4 March 2013 (UTC)