If you were given a disruptive, disturbing, or not child-friendly ad, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT HERE! Instead, please go to and follow the directions there!
This is the talk page for the Bulbapedia's front page. If you have a general comment about the wiki, please consider placing it in .
I've noticed that the forums moved to a new address and because of that, the links to the old forums on the bottom of many pages don't work and clicking on it just leads to the message that says the address was changed to the current one. Shouldn't we fix this and is there anyway that I can help with this? --Willyh106 (Talk)’’ 14:23, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- Could you give some examples? We've updated several templates, but it's possible there are some we missed. Also, if there are a group of pages with manual links, it would be useful to know so we can organize for them to be relinked en-mass. --SnorlaxMonster 16:23, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- One example I just thought of was the "May Club" link on this page. It is an old, closed thread, but it worked fine and I was able to look at it without any problems before the forum changed its address. I think I saw more and some more examples I can think of are links like the "Rules" link at the Bulbagarden forums page itself and also the link to the "AdvanceShipping Nation" on the AdvanceShipping page too. I think that even if it is a tedious task, if we change all the old BMGf links to the current ones, people will have a more pleasant experience with gathering more info and we'll be able to avoid some possible confusion. Thank you for considering my suggestion. --Willyh106 (Talk)’’ 17:05, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
Whenever I visit the Crasher Wake page, McAfee gives me a warning that a malicious site is ahead. No matter how many times I try again, it keeps blocking me. Just the Crasher Wake page, somehow. Is there anyone who can explain why and tell me if the owner(s) of Bulbapedia can fix it?- unsigned comment from Kyleallt (talk • contribs)
I've just made my account recently and I am so hyped at the idea of contributing to the wiki. I have been most of the time wrong with my edits, additions or any other things. I just wanted to say that I was sorry and that I am just trying to help. I mean no harm to the website or anyone here, you are all awesome! Keep it up! MannedTooth (talk) 02:20, 21 January 2016 (UTC)
Need help from a french-native?
Hey guys, I was looking st my Pokémon collection to see if there was anything to add to the wiki, and I found a CD which apparently has no name. It's a Gold and Silver CDROM which includes movies trailers, soundtracks, wallpapers and etc. I have searched in the CD section, and I haven't found it. Any help? MannedTooth (talk) 18:38, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
- Is there something on the disc/case? glikglak 19:02, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
The recent addition from The Hidden Ninja about his lvl 4 Kakuna gave me an idea! :O What about we create a page that regroups a list of every underleveled Pokémon ever found in the games? That is a pretty interesting thing to me. Knowing that a Pokémon evolves at Lvl X but was seen already evolved at level X - Y is pretty interesting, indeed. What do you guys think? MannedTooth (talk) 19:45, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
Massive and enraging grammar issue!
I've been editing anime and manga plots tonight, and most of my edits were undone because "they contained more grammar mistakes than before."
Hear me out, when you are talking about a group of person, the subject is 3rd person singular.
- Team Rocket is (NOT ARE) tired. It (NOT THEY) must rest a bit.
- The group searches (NOT SEARCH) for a place where it (NOT THEY) can stay the night.
- Team Rocket bumps (NOT BUMP) into Red.
Then, as far as I know, it's not the Trainer who uses a move, but the Pokémon itself.
- Red sends out Poliwhirl and makes him use (NOT USES) Water Gun.
Having my hard-worked edits reverted when I know for a fact that I am right, made me legit mad.
- To be frank, expressing your anger like this won't earn you any points. You're welcome to debate the merits of your edits, but try to keep a bit more of a level head about it.
- That said, in most particular, the main page talk page really is not a very appropriate place to raise the question of your personal edits. Use the talk page for a page you were reverted on or use the other person's talk page.
- And I think I'll leave it there. If this is brought up in a more appropriate place, I'd be glad to comment as well as I can. Tiddlywinks (talk) 07:18, 24 January 2016 (UTC)
- Me being "mad" (I wasn't really, it was just to illustrate my feeling of demotivation) is not the point I want to talk about, neither is my personal edits. The point is to inform editors about this important yet basic rule of english. The fact that (my) edits got deleted for this reason is just unexplainable. I wrote this on the main page to inform as much people as possible about this so that future edits can be better with a better level of english. MannedTooth (talk) 07:27, 24 January 2016 (UTC)
Grammar such as -Team Rocket is (NOT ARE) tired. It (NOT THEY) must rest a bit.-, while technically not incorrect, is highly unnatural. In normal English, when talking about a group of people and their actions, we tend to refer to the people within that group instead of the group as a singular. -They search- is far more natural than "It searches", as in this case we are referring to a concrete action carried out by the members of the group, and not the group distinct from said members. Any writing style guide will tell you not to say "it" when referring to a small or undefined group. With regards to the trainer "using" techniques, either would be acceptable. This is simply a case of whether one wishes to emphasise the will of the trainer or not.--Montegue (talk) 16:10, 16 September 2016 (UTC)
I just heard two new Pokémon games, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, have been confirmed by Nitendo. This will probably be Generation 7, should there be something on Bulbapedia already? Danny199 (talk) 17:44, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
I know that we have a Italian page, but can we add a Spanish? There's a lot of people that speak it, and I think we'd need it. Honestly, I don't know if you guys will accept this, but I have a lot of friends that speak Spanish and like Pokemon. It's just my opinion, and honestly I think it would we easy to translate. Anyway, please think about it and give me reason why/ why not to have it, thanks! Thorite Gem (talk) 22:06, 22 May 2016 (UTC)
- We did but they went under as an independent wiki, and came back as a wikia. The other language wikis, however, are not controlled or even maintained by us. We're just an alliance. Kai * the Arc Toraph 23:43, 22 May 2016 (UTC)
- Hello! And what about the WikiDex? http://es.pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/WikiDex Regards! --Ryo567 (talk) 16:33, 12 August 2016 (UTC)
Because Pokemon has officially revealed the pronounciations with the Deluxe Pokemon Handbook, could we put official pronounciation as a part of pages to calm down the rabid fanbase? - unsigned comment from Theexploringgamer (talk • contribs)
- There are cases where different official sources have used differing pronunciations. That sort of problem is a big reason we're not likely to be putting pronunciations on Pokemon pages. Tiddlywinks (talk) 02:23, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
Improve for mobile users!
I use my iPad more than my laptop and the interface for the wiki seems fit for computers rather than mobile devices. That got me thinking, maybe you guys should try developing an app for mobile users! The editing and browsing could be easier! Just a suggestion.--Grass4Lyfe (talk) 06:35, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
Set up donations
Bulbapedia, you need to set up some sort of donations button and put it on the sidebar of the site, to cut back on the sheer number of ads--any page I try to load takes up to 2 minutes to load and it lags out my computer. Other wikis like TFWiki.net have a donations bar, and in that case, anyone who really wants to support this site will donate to help keep it afloat--you can still keep ads to make an assured revenue, but cut it down severely. There's like 10 ads on a single page, that's crazy.
Please consider what I'm saying if you haven't already. If you do already have donations, please also put it on the sidebar. There is no shame in asking for donations to help this beautiful website. Titanollante (talk) 04:46, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
Type specific items
An idea for an area in the types page, for example Flame plate in the fire type.--Pokemonfansuper 13:33, 13 December 2016 (UTC)