Talk:Desolate Land (Ability)
Land of Endings and Saa of Beginnings western names are called Beginning Ocean and Final Earth. Ellis99 (talk) 16:42, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
- Those aren't incorrect translations, but what's your source for calling them official names? --SnorlaxMonster 16:43, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
Mold Breaker/Ability Suppression
Can this ability be ignored by Mold Breaker (e.g. Mega Gyarados using Surf?
Can this ability be negated by Cloud Nine or Air Lock?
Can this ability be suppressed by moves like Worry Seed? And if it can, does the weather return to normal?
If this ability is overridden by a similar ability, is it re-triggered upon the opposing Pokémon fainting or returning to its Trainer?
These questions can apply to Primordial Sea and Delta Stream as well.
ShermTank7272 (talk) 04:59, 21 December 2014 (UTC)
- Mold Breaker (and similar Abilities) do not allow a Pokémon to use a Water-type move in extremely harsh sunlight, use a Fire-type move in heavy rain, nor hit a Flying-type Pokémon super-effectively for its Flying type in strong winds. This is because these effects are caused by the weather, not the Abilities.
- I'm not sure if it allows the usage of weather-changing moves though, so that needs to be tested.
- Cloud Nine and Air Lock do allow any Pokémon to use a Water-type move in extremely harsh sunlight, use a Fire-type move in heavy rain, and hit a Flying-type Pokémon super-effectively for its Flying type in strong winds. This is because these effects are caused by the weather, not the Abilities.
- I'm not sure if it allows the usage of weather-changing moves and the old weather-changing Abilities though, so that needs to be tested.
- Worry Seed replaces the Ability, not suppresses it (only Gastro Acid can suppress Abilities); it can be used on these Abilities, and if it does, the special weather disappears. This is already mentioned in the article.
- These Abilities will only activate when a Pokémon gains the Ability or is sent into battle with the Ability, like the other weather-changing Abilities and Intimidate. --SnorlaxMonster 06:48, 21 December 2014 (UTC)
Earlier while trying to catch Groudon, I had my Delcatty use Assist against it. It ended up using Surf, and I assumed it wasn't going to work, since Primal Groudon's ability Desolate Land was active, yet it worked anyway! However, it wasn't super effective, just at normal damage. I checked the ability out of battle and it turned out my Delcatty had the ability Normalize, which made the water-type move normal, instead. Although it's not the equivalent to using a true water-type move, I thought it was still interesting that it was able to be used. Efureie (talk) 23:04, 23 July 2015 (UTC)