Return to "Cetitan (Pokémon)" page.
Cetitan name origin
Should the name origin of Cetitan not also include the Latin word "cetus"? It just means any large sea creature (e.g. Whale, Shark, Squid, etc.) Regireki (talk) 11:42, 4 August 2022 (UTC)
- It already includes that word. --Bfdifan2006 (T/C) 12:37, 4 August 2022 (UTC)
It includes it as a proper noun referring to a mythological creature, but not to the regular word. Regireki (talk) 20:08, 7 August 2022 (UTC)
- On one hand i get what you mean, but on the other hand i just feel like it's redundant to have both meanings at once?
- like idk about you but "Cetitan may be derived from Cetus (a sea monster in Greek mythology, also any large sea creature in general)" sounds a bit redundant to me.
- plus the "Cetus" part is only there to emphasize the "Cetacean" etymology anyway.Anzasquiddles (talk) 06:43, 12 August 2022 (UTC)
Maybe We should note it is the first evolution of a Pokémon that is not a regional form from a Ice Stone. Well other then if a Pokémon had its evolution method changed from before.
-Trj2009 11 26 2022 - unsigned comment from Trj2009 (talk • contribs)
- From the Ice Stone page:
- Causes Eevee to evolve into Glaceon (Generation VIII onward)
- Causes Crabrawler to evolve into CrabominableSV
- Causes Cetoddle to evolve into Cetitan
- So no i don't think it's worth mentioning. Anzasquiddles (talk) 07:57, 27 November 2022 (UTC)