Spinda's Café (Japanese: パッチールのカフェ Patcheel's Café) is a location only in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. The day after the player and their partner complete Mt. Bristle, they notice that there is a Spinda near a rock at the crossroads saying that the location of the rock would be the location of something. The next day, a Wynaut and a Wobbuffet will be there examining the same spot. The day Chatot asks the player to investigate Waterfall Cave, there will be a hole where the rock was and a sign claiming that those who enter will be rewarded with their hopes and dreams. After it finally opens, Wynaut and Wobbuffet will invite the player in. There will be two shops that are available to the player, neither of which cost the player any Poké.
Spinda's Juice Bar
The shop on the left is known as Spinda's Juice Bar. It allows the player to turn edible items into drinks that may boost stats, IQ, or do nothing at all.
When Gummis are used here, they will always increase IQ and stats (Wander Gummis are unusable as they are not edible). If the recipient of a Gummi drink has max IQ, an IQ increase will still be shown, but not actually gained. A regular Gummi drink will increase IQ by 1-5 depending on type matchup, and increase a stat by 1 point. A Wonder Gummi will increase IQ by 15 and increase a stat by 3 points, or may rarely increase all stats by 3 points. A particularly successful Gummi drink will increase IQ by a further 2 points. Most ingredients have a small chance to become a miracle drink, which in addition to its normal effect will increase maximum HP, IQ, or a random stat by 2-5 points.
When a player orders a drink, regardless of what ingredients are used, upon drinking it a message will describe the drink to the player. These messages are not associated with the ingredient that is chosen, nor are they associated with the type of drink that is created (tea, broth, shake, etc.)
- Possible sayings for a regular drink:
- "A light, rich flavor that just melts in your mouth."
- "A savory fragrance and unique bitterness come together for a mature flavor..."
- "Moderately sweet, the natural flavor comes bursting forth..."
- Possible sayings for a stat-lowering drink
- "(Any of the above descriptions) And then you're hit with this…fishy aftertaste… Ugh... Disgusting…"
- "This…this is a flavor for a true connoisseur… This flavor…this strong flavor… Only the overwhelming flavor remains… It tastes so terrible I want to cry..."
- "An intense shock runs through your entire body! Bleah! This tastes terrible!!"
- Possible sayings for a good feeling drink
- "The various flavors don't clash… Instead, they blend together in beautiful harmony in this fine drink!"
- "The delicious flavor overwhelms your senses and delights your digestive system."
- "An indescribably wonderful flavor… A special blend for the discerning Pokémon."
- The description for a miracle drink
- "Unbelieeeevable!! Never before has a heavenly, super-special, incredible, miracle-combination flavor like this been experienced! Right now, right here, (Pokémon) is enjoying a flavor that is out of this world!"
- Preceding this description, Spinda will say: "WHOAAAAAAA! This is... THIS IS...!! This drink is so wonderful, so amazing, that I couldn't have made it if I tried. It is so incredible that it is a miracle!"
Good Feeling Stat Increases
When Spinda makes a good feeling drink, even drinks that ordinarily would do nothing will give a stat boost depending on what ingredient is used.
The following are drinkable items that will provide an additional stat increase if made into a good feeling drink:
- +3 IQ: Eyedrop Seed
- +2 IQ: Max Elixir, all Gummis
- +1 IQ: Nectar
- +1 Max HP: Heal Seed, Oran Berry, Plain Seed, Reviver Seed
- +2 Max HP: Apple, Big Apple, Blast Seed, Cheri Berry, Chesto Berry, Grimy Food, Pecha Berry, Pure Seed, Quick Seed, Rawst Berry, Stun Seed, Vanish Seed, Vile Seed, Violent Seed, Warp Seed, Gabite Scale
- +4 Max HP: Blinker Seed, Sleep Seed, Totter Seed, X-Eye Seed
- +3 IQ AND +1 Max HP: Dropeye Seed, Dough Seed, Mix Elixir, Oren Berry, Slip Seed, Reviser Seed, Via Seed
- +2 IQ AND +1 Max HP: Gravelyrock
Some items will never get a good feeling stat increase, mainly items that permanently boost stats such as health drinks and several seeds. They will also never become miracle drinks (except for Hunger Seeds). However, the normal stat boosts will still be applied. While Doom Seeds have no positive effect, they will not reduce a Pokémon's level, either.
The following are drinkable items that will never get a good feeling stat increase:
- Seeds: Doom Seed, Joy Seed, Life Seed, Hunger Seed
- Drinks: Calcium, Ginseng, Iron, Protein, Zinc
- Berries: Sitrus Berry
After drinking something at the juice bar, the Pokémon may look at the bottom of the cup and find a note. This grants the player access to a previously unexplored dungeon. The probability depends on the ingredient used, and is most likely to occur with a Hunger Seed, followed closely by Gummis.
Dungeons that can be unlocked after drinking something include Lush Prairie and Serenity River. Happy Outlook, Lost Wilderness, Mt. Mistral, and Destiny Tower can be unlocked the same way after clearing Mystifying Forest.
After finishing a drink, the player may be approached by a random Pokémon who will ask to join the Exploration Team. The recruited Pokémon will always be level 1.
- The Pokémon will say: "I see you are a true connoisseur! I noticed the way you tasted your drink, getting to know the flavor before gulping it down... You're obviously a gourmet, and I would love to join you on your adventures! What do you think? Will you let me join your team?" Then the player is given the option to let the Pokémon join or not.
Also following consumption of a drink, the player may be given an Egg from a random Pokémon.
- Spinda will say: "By the way, the person over there asked me to give you this." Then the player will receive an Egg.
The other shop is run by Wynaut and assisted by Wobbuffet. This is where the player can hand in undesired items for new items or Prize Tickets. Prize Tickets are coupons that are traded for a number of items, with better Prize Tickets requiring more items. Items which stack, such as Geo Pebbles, Iron Thorns, and Silver Spikes, cannot be traded in. Additionally, any type of Prize Ticket cannot be traded in for another type of Prize Ticket. After getting a ticket, the player has the option to exchange it right at that moment or later. There is also an occasional chance of receiving a bonus Prize Ticket of any type (obtained by choosing "Not Now" instead of "Redeem"). This ticket must be redeemed or else it will be lost. When a ticket is exchanged, the player gets a choice of red, blue or yellow. Wobbuffet then enters the ticket in a lottery that may or may not give the player items. The player can get a normal win, a big win, or a loss.
To get a Silver Ticket, which offers better quality items, the player must earn Silver Rank and Spinda must have announced Project P. Silver Tickets require 6 items to be traded in.
Gold Tickets are also available, once the player has reached Gold Rank. Rarer, more valuable items than those obtainable through a Silver Ticket are available, mainly TMs, and require 8 items to be traded in.
Prism Tickets are the best tickets available, and require the Hyper Rank. Once again, most of the prizes are TMs. Prism Tickets require 10 items to be traded in. Some Prism Ticket big win prizes include Life Seeds, Sitrus Berries, and Friend Bows.
After the first few or so days of the café being open, Spinda will announce Project P and claim that recycling more items will help with dungeon exploration and finding treasures. When treasure or a new area is discovered, Wynaut will tell the player the next time they talk to him. A day must pass after reaching the minimum number of items to unlock the event.
Some dungeons can only be accessed after recycling a certain number of times. Dungeons which are unlocked via recycling are as follows:
|Dungeon||Number of recycles|
|Zero Isle Center||150*|
The number of times a player has recycled can be checked from the main menu's Adventure Log.
Most other Pokémon in the café are customers, including team members (Chimecho will give the player the option to let them stay there or to wait at the watering hole after exiting the café the first time, though saying "No" will result in her asking again until the player says "Yes").
In other languages
|This article is part of both Project Sidegames and Project Locations, Bulbapedia projects that, together, aim to write comprehensive articles on the side games and locations, respectively|