|Map description:||The biggest, longest bridge in Unova has four supporting towers.|
|Location:||Between Pinwheel Forest and Castelia City|
Location of Skyarrow Bridge in Unova.
|Pokémon world locations|
The Skyarrow Bridge (Japanese: スカイアローブリッジ Skyarrow Bridge) is a long suspension bridge that connects the southeastern part of Unova via the Pinwheel Forest to Castelia City in central Unova. The bridge serves as a means of transportation into and out of Castelia City.
In the games
The Skyarrow Bridge first appears in Pokémon Black and White. The player can access it after retrieving the Dragon Skull from Team Plasma. The bridge has two spans to support it across the water and loops off on the eastern entrance. Each end of the bridge has a gate between it and the area it is connected to.
The lower part of the bridge is built for vehicle traffic while suspended above the roadway is a pedestrian walkway. While traveling across the bridge, it is possible to see a stunning view of Castelia City due to changing camera angles. The Royal Unova can occasionally be seen passing underneath the bridge.
On the Pinwheel Forest side, there is a small viewing area between the forest area and the Bridge Gate. Inside the Pinwheel Forest Bridge Gate, a Hiker will give the player a Quick Claw, while a woman will talk about item maniacs. On the bridge itself, there are several people admiring it. At the Castelia City Bridge Gate, a woman complains about her sore legs from walking across the bridge.
In Black 2 and White 2, the bridge is temporarily closed for inspections until the player enters the Hall of Fame. On the bridge, the player can find a man in an orange shirt who is parched and in need of some Fresh Water. If the player gives him a bottle, he will be rehydrated and dash to the Driftveil Drawbridge. The player can meet him there and give him Fresh Water again, and this repeats on the Tubeline Bridge, Village Bridge, Marvelous Bridge, and in the Marine Tube. After giving him Fresh Water in the Marine Tube, he will return here, where he will give the player a dozen bottles of Moomoo Milk.
|Quick Claw||From a Hiker in the Pinwheel Forest Bridge Gate||B W|
|Quick Claw||From a Clerk♀ at the Castelia City Bridge Gate||B2 W2|
|Fresh Water||Sold by a man on the bridge for 300||B2 W2|
|Moomoo Milk ×12||From the man in the orange shirt after giving him a Fresh Water here, on the Driftveil Drawbridge, Tubeline Bridge, Village Bridge, Marvelous Bridge, and in the Marine Tube||B2 W2|
In the anime
Skyarrow Bridge is a huge suspension bridge that connects Pinwheel Forest and Castelia City, and the largest bridge in Unova like in the games. A small Poké Mart is located nearby, having food and a telephone system. Prior to the bridge's construction, a water taxi service operated by Sally and her father helped travelers cross the river. A departure building and an old storage building for ferry supplies also once stood there. Additionally, there is a nearby road meant for transportation.
In The Lost World of Gothitelle!, a Gothitelle created a fog around the bridge to deter people from crossing. Ash and his friends crossed it anyway and were attacked by Gothitelle. It then created an illusion of its old life with Sally and her father, when the bridge was still under construction. The group followed Gothitelle onto Skyarrow Bridge, where it attacked them once more. However, Sally appeared and stopped it from battling Ash's Snivy. As a result of this reunion, Gothitelle cleared the fog, allowing Ash's group to cross. It then mysteriously disappeared.
In the manga
Black & White chapter
Skyarrow Bridge appeared in A Direct Attack and a Daunting Defense. After being attacked by a mysterious Pokémon in Pinwheel Forest, Black and White entered Skyarrow Bridge, where they encountered Janitor Geoff, who complained that they were making the bridge dirty, and challenged Black to a battle. After Black won the battle, Geoff revealed that he was actually the president of the Battle Company, and told the two Trainers that the mysterious Pokémon they had encountered had been the Legendary Pokémon Virizion.
In the TCG
The following is a list of cards named Skyarrow Bridge.
Cards listed with a blue background are only legal to use in the current Expanded format.
Cards listed with a silver background are legal to use in both the current Standard and Expanded formats.
|Skyarrow Bridge||St||Next Destinies||91/99||Psycho Drive||051/052|
The following is a list is of cards mentioning or featuring the Skyarrow Bridge in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
- Skyarrow Bridge draws inspiration from Brooklyn Bridge and Rainbow Bridge.
- If the player enters Skyarrow Bridge and then gets on their bicycle, the music does not change.
- Starting and ending from either staircase, Skyarrow Bridge is 386 steps long. This makes it the longest non-circular straight path in the games, making it popular for Egg hatching.
- In Pokémon Black and White, there is an Ace Trainer who is searching for the exact centerpoint of the bridge. Assuming that only the fully elevated part counts (which is 195 steps long), the centerpoint would be at 98th step. The Ace Trainer spawns just one step south of the centerpoint.
- Despite being outside, the player cannot use Fly or their bicycle in the small outdoor Bridge Gate area between Pinwheel Forest and Skyarrow Bridge.
- If the player passes underneath the second span without stopping, they can hear the wind in the background as the camera zooms in on them.
- The Skyarrow Bridge makes an appearance as a backdrop when a Pokémon from Unova is used in the Alola Photo Club in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
- Skyarrow Bridge is Junichi Masuda's favorite location in Pokémon Black and White.
In other languages
- ↑ (February 10, 2011). Interview with Game Freak in London by Bisafans (Page 2) (German)
|This article is part of Project Locations, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every location in the Pokémon world.|