| This article is about shipping.|
As hints and evidence for ships are mostly speculation, this page may contain personal points of view.
SpecialShipping (Japanese: レイエ ReIe) is the belief that Red and Yellow belong in a romantic relationship. This pairing is one of the more popular ships; however, some consider it to be a one-sided ship on Yellow's part, since Red doesn't seem to return the feelings or even recognize them. The name is derived from the Japanese name of Pokémon Adventures: Pokémon Special. Though in a official character poll they were announced to be in a lovers relationship since 2005.
- Round 36, Drat That Dratini!
- Red and Yellow first met in the third volume, when Red saved Yellow from a wild Dratini which was attacking her; he then helped her catch a Rattata, which she named "Ratty".
- Round 38, Long Live the Nidoqueen!?
- Later, after his battle with Giovanni, Red was nursed back to health by none other than Yellow. Yellow told Red that nobody around her hometown is very good with Pokémon, that they needed somebody that could teach them. Red understood that she meant him and promised her to be the best Gym Leader.
- Round 42, Do do that Doduo
- In the fourth volume, taking place two years later, Yellow sets off on a journey to find Red—who is missing—by Green.
- Round 83, Bang the Drum, Slowbro
- It is shown in Green's flashback, Green told Yellow that Red was in trouble, Yellow looked very shocked and concerned about him. Green asked Yellow to search for Red. Yellow agreed immediately without much consideration.
- Round 85, Gimme Shellder
- Yellow has drew Red in her sketchbook. In this round, Red finds his Pokédex and Yellow's sketchbook, and sees a picture of himself in that sketchbook. In previous round, Green sees some pictures of Red in that sketchbook.
- Round 90 The Legend
- When Yellow finally defeated Lance she got sleepy and start to fall. It shows that Red was the one that caught her.
- When Yellow finds that a piece of her Caterpie's String Shot is tied around both her and Red's pinky fingers, causing her to blush and freak out, as this is similar to the way lovers are often portrayed in some cultures as having red threads tied around their pinkies. (Since the manga is in greyscale, there's no way to conclusively know the color of the string, but it was probably white, like most String Shots.)
- At this point, Red suggests that he and Yellow actually live together. However, he still doesn't know Yellow is actually a girl. By the end of the seventh volume, everybody has figured this out except for Red. However, she makes no attempt to tell him the truth for a whole year, being too embarrassed and shy.
- Round 114, Delibird Delivery - 2
- Daisy asks Yellow if she hasn't told Red her real gender. Yellow blushes in embarrassment.
- Round 115, Forretress of Solitude
- Yellow and Daisy are concerned about Red's health, but Red still doesn't give up the test to become Viridian City's Gym Leader. It may be because Red remembers his promise to the little girl (Yellow) before, or because he just wants to be a gym leader.
- Round 180, The Last Battle XIV
- When Yellow's true gender is revealed to Red at the end of the chapter, he is shocked speechless, but seems to get over it quite quickly because of the current situation. At that point, Misty accidentally calls him, trying to reach Erika (since Erika lent her Pokégear to Red). Yellow is curious who to Red is talking to. To this, Green suggests in imitation of Red's earlier comment, "Why don't you all just live together?" This causes Red, Yellow, and Misty to all blush furiously.
- Round 298, Escape from a Black Hole
- In the storyline, after Red and Yellow have been trapped on Team Rocket's airship by Team Rocket's Beast Warrior Trio, Orm and Sird wonder whether they should lock the two up in one room, and laugh that it would make a very touching reunion. It bringing up the "living together" comment once more except in a more serious condition.
- Round 299, Call of Instinct
- In addition, as Yellow and Mewtwo are being transported off the aircraft by Deoxys, Yellow swings out her fishing line, which catches Red's finger in the same way as her Caterpie's String Shot in the end of the Yellow saga.
- Round 301, Red, the Battler
- As Yellow is found by Green, Silver and Blue, she, despite being fast asleep, still has her mind on Red.
- Round 302, Holders' Bond
- When the Pokédex holders were frozen into stone, an unconscious Yellow was being held in the arms of Red.
- During the GSC series Yellow's Chuchu and Red's Pika show signs of affection for each other. The two Pikachu make an egg which is later hatched into a Pichu by Gold.
- Yellow received a Pokédex from Red.
- Another name for SpecialShipping is CallabaroShipping.
|This article is part of Project Shipping, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each couple in Pokémon.|