|This article is about an episode of the Pokémon anime that has not been dubbed into English. As such, its coverage may contain romanized Japanese names, rather than dub names.|
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
- Ash and Kiawe find out that the old man they met in the previous episode was Hapu's grandfather, Sofū.
- Mallow reveals how she caught her Bounsweet.
- Ash's Torracat briefly reunites with its mentor Stoutland, who is revealed to have passed away.
- Ash's Torracat learns Fire Blast.
- Tapu Fini accepts Hapu as the new Kahuna of Poni Island.
- Mallow befriends a wild Shaymin.
- Lillie and Gladion learn that their father is still alive somewhere, and Gladion leaves to inform Lusamine.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
- Professor Kukui (flashback)
- Nurse Joy
- Sofū (image; ghost)
- Abe (flashback)
- Mallow's mother (flashback; ghost)
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Rotom (Rotom Pokédex)
- Rowlet (Ash's)
- Litten (Ash's; flashback)
- Torracat (Ash's)
- Eevee (Lana's; Nagisa)
- Marowak (Kiawe's; Alola Form)
- Vulpix (Lillie's; Alola Form; Snowy)
- Togedemaru (Sophocles's)
- Vikavolt (Sophocles's)
- Bounsweet (Mallow's; flashback)
- Tsareena (Mallow's)
- Shaymin (Mallow's's); befriended)
- Comfey (Nurse Joy's)
- Umbreon (Gladion's)
- Lycanroc (Gladion's; Midnight Form)
- Silvally (Gladion's)
- Golurk (Hapu's)
- Mudsdale (Hapu's)
- Stoutland (anime; ghost)
- Tapu Fini (anime)
- Poké Problem: Where do we spend the night in today's episode?
- Ash, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles, Lillie, Lana, and Rotom narrate the preview for the next episode.
- In an unusual occurance, Lana's Brionne remains in its Poké Ball throughout this episode.
- The ending animation is updated to include Shaymin.