- This article is about the seventh series of the anime. For its eponymous first season, see S23. For the quest undertaken by a Pokémon Trainer, see Pokémon journey.
Pokémon Journeys: The Series (Japanese: ポケットモンスター Pocket Monsters) is the seventh series of the Pokémon anime. This anime series is based on the events of all the core series games, including the Generation VIII games Pokémon Sword and Shield. It follows Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon. It premiered on November 17, 2019 in Japan (although the first episode had a special screening two days earlier) and on June 12, 2020 in the United States.
The series features "double protagonists" Ash Ketchum and Goh, along with their partners Pikachu and Raboot. Ash and Goh travel around the world, specifically all regions that have appeared in the core series (from Kanto to Galar), and meet Pokémon from each region while pursuing their respective goals. Ash continues his pursuit of becoming a Pokémon Master by entering the World Coronation Series, with the hopes of one day having an official match with the reigning Monarch, Leon. Goh, having had a fateful encounter with Mew when he was six, dreams of one day catching the Mythical Pokémon, and he is currently filling his Pokédex in the hopes that it will get him closer to his dream. The series also features a young girl named Chloe, who has a Yamper, and her father Professor Cerise, who runs the Cerise Laboratory in Vermilion City.
As with the previous three series of the anime, this series introduces a new art style. For instance, Ash's eyes (both the irises and the overall eyes) are drawn larger, and Team Rocket members' eyes are drawn sharper than in Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon.
When Pokémon Journeys: The Series came to be dubbed into English and other languages, it was divided into seasons, with one so far:
- The Japanese name for this series retrieves its original title: Pocket Monsters.
- The design for the Japanese logo of the series is shared with M20 and M21, which are not canon with the main series.
- This also makes it the first series logo to not have any shade of green, being completely blue instead. It is also the first one without any 3D perspective, having a flat 2D design.
- In the United States, Netflix provides an epilepsy warning at the beginning of each episode after the TV rating text, thus marking the second time that the warning has been used outside of Japan, following Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution.
- This is the first series:
- To be set in more than two game-original regions.
- To be dubbed by Iyuno Media Group and Goldcrest Post.
- Since Pokémon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire where in which Ash's outfit is not directly influenced by the male player character's outfit for the concurrent generation.
- Since Pokémon the Series: Black and White where Ash rotates his Pokémon between those in his party and in storage.
- In which Ash wears shorts instead of long pants in his standard outfit.
- In which the first Pokémon Ash caught was not introduced in the current generation.
- In which the first Pokémon Ash caught was fully-evolved.
- In which the first Pokémon Ash caught was a Pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
- Other than the original to be put on an extended hiatus; in this case, it was brought on by a production shutdown due to concerns from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In which Ash only has one traveling companion.
- In which Ash does not have a female traveling companion.
- In which one of Ash's male traveling companions owns a Pokédex.
- In which a main character other than Ash catches more than one starter Pokémon of the current generation.
- In which Team Rocket owns a Pokédex.
- In which Team Rocket only uses borrowed Pokémon instead of their own.
- To feature an episode split into two different story segments.
In other languages
|Mandarin Chinese|| 寶可夢 旅途 Pokémon: Lǚtú*|
|Dutch||Pokémon Reizen: de Serie|
|European French||La série : Pokémon, les voyages|
|German||Pokémon Reisen: Die Serie|
|Italian||La serie Esplorazioni Pokémon|
|Korean||포켓몬스터W Pocket Monsters W|
|Brazilian Portuguese||A série Jornadas Pokémon|
|Spanish||Latin America||La serie Viajes Pokémon|
|Spain||La serie Viajes Pokémon|
|Thai||โปเกมอน เจอร์นีย์ Pokémon Journeys|
- Official site (Japanese)
|This article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|