PoJo's Unofficial Pokémon News & Price Guide Monthly
PoJo's Unofficial Pokémon News & Price Guide Monthly is a magazine that was published in the United States around late 1999-early 2000s. It was published in association with Pojo.com. Similar to Beckett Pokémon Unofficial Collector, the magazine featured a monthly price guide indicating the approximate value of each English and Japanese Pokémon card, as well as Topps trading cards, Pokémon Action Flipz and other merchandise such as the 1999 Burger King promotional Pokémon toys. The magazine also included other articles about the Pokémon franchise, mainly focusing on the Pokémon Trading Card Game but also containing information on the video games and anime.
There were several recurring monthly departments in the magazine:
- Pojo's Mailbox: Shows letters written in by readers and responses.
- Ask the Master: Answers to in-depth questions submitted by readers about TCG gameplay.
- In the Know: News blurbs relating to new Pokémon games, merchandise, and the like; as well as "Top 10" lists of columnists' favourite cards, etc.
- The PokéShoppe: Photos and descriptions of new Pokémon merchandise.
- Score: Reviews of Pokémon games, as well as related series like Super Smash Bros..
- Cyber Billboard: A listing of popular websites related to Pokémon; both official and fan sites are listed.
- Killer Decks: Articles written by Pojo.com users about decks that they built themselves and their experiences using them in gameplay.
- The Deck Garage: Readers submit their decks in and columnists give them suggestions on cards to add or remove from their configuration.
- Pojo's Puzzler: A challenging gameplay scenario is presented from the Pokémon Trading Card Game, plus a subsequent section on how to reverse the scenario and win the game in one turn.
- Strategy Tips: Cards from the Trading Card Game are evaluated on their usefulness and strategies are presented for each card.
- Counterfeit Alert: Information on how to identify and avoid buying counterfeit Pokémon goods, including counterfeit cards.
- The Poké Scene: Information on cards and collectibles that have gone up or down in value, as well as information about forthcoming expansion releases.
- Snapshots: Photos submitted by readers of themselves showcasing collections, cosplay, and photos taken of themselves at Pokémon events.
- Monster Creations: Fan art submitted by readers of their original Pokémon characters.
- Poké Fun: Puzzles such as word scrambles themed around Pokémon.
- Advertisers Index: Information on advertisers that appear throughout the magazine.
Aside from the regular monthly sections, the magazine also included special "Features" every month, a special article dedicated to a specific subject or big news event. Features covered a wide range of topics such as anime episode summaries, translations of Japanese cards not yet released in English, and "Pre-Constructed Deck Repairs", where columnists suggest modifications to the Theme Decks released by Wizards of the Coast.
|This article is part of both Project Merchandise and Project TCG, Bulbapedia projects that, together, aim to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon Merchandise and TCG, respectively.|