This article is missing information on this character's Japanese voice actor.
You can help by adding this information.
VS model from Sword and Shield
|Relatives||Mustard (husband), Hyde (son)|
|Trainer class||Dojo Matron|
|Games||Sword and Shield|
|Game animation debut||The Gathering of Stars|
|English voice actor||Amber Lee Connors|
|Japanese voice actor||N/A|
Honey (Japanese: ミツバ Mitsuba) is a character in The Isle of Armor in Pokémon Sword and Shield. She is the wife of Mustard and the mother of Hyde.
She is the only character in the games to have the Trainer class Dojo Matron (Japanese: おかみさん Matron).
In the games
Prior to the events in The Isle of Armor, Honey was the CEO of a trading firm. During one of her business trips, she met Mustard and married him afterwards. Together, they had a son named Hyde and set up the Master Dojo on the Isle of Armor. Honey is also known as the creator of Master Dojo's secret recipe, the Max Soup, which can make a compatible Pokémon capable of Gigantamaxing. She originally wasn't a Trainer, but decided to try being one out of whim, and developed a skill in battling that is said to rival that of her husband.
After the player has cleared Mustard's three trials, Honey can upgrade the Master Dojo in various ways in exchange for Watts the player can donate her.
|10,000||Rotomi terminal installed|
|20,000||Rotomi terminal made operational|
|30,000||Vending Machine with Fresh Water|
|40,000||Soda Pop added to the Vending Machine|
|50,000||Lemonade added to the Vending Machine|
|100,000||Refrigerator (Fruit Bunch, Moomoo Cheese, Large Leek, and Sausages)|
|200,000||Vending Machine with Protein and Iron|
|300,000||Calcium and Zinc added to the second Vending Machine|
|400,000||HP Up and Carbos added to the second Vending Machine|
|500,000||Master Dojo League Card background|
|800,000||Honey's League Card|
|1,000,000||Battle with Honey (rematchable once per day)|
|3,280,000||Stroll with Honey at the Fields of Honor and Honey's rare League Card|
This is a transcript of the back of Honey's League Cards in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
- Normal League Card
- "Honey is the former CEO of a trading firm. She met Mustard while visiting Galar during one of her many business trips, and it was love at first sight. They were married shortly afterward. She now works as the dojo matron—cooking, cleaning, advertising, and taking care of finances. She also keeps an eye on the mental health of students. What's more, she's also the creator of Max Soup. She used the forest mushrooms in her soup as a way to cut costs, and this caused her Pokémon to Gigantamax. Her latest ambition is to sell ready-made Max Soup across the world. Her motto is teamwork."
- Rare League Card
- "Honey wasn't a Trainer initially, but after spending time with Mustard, she tried it out on a whim. She quickly developed a talent for battle, and the rumor among dojo students is that she may even be on par with Mustard himself. Thanks to taking care of very powerful Pokémon at the dojo, Honey has also gained a lot of physical strength of her own. Now she can handle even powerful Pokémon, like Gallade."
Honey keeps her Pokémon in Ultra Balls.
Pokémon Sword and Shield
Honey will Gigantamax her Blastoise or Venusaur at the first opportunity.
If the player chose Bulbasaur:
Honey gives one of these two Pokémon to the player once they've cleared Mustard's first trial. Both of them have the Gigantamax Factor.
|Honey's League Card in
Sword and Shield
|Honey's rare League Card in|
Sword and Shield
- Main article: Honey (Galar)/Quotes
In the anime
Pokémon: Twilight Wings
Honey appeared in The Gathering of Stars where she was sweeping outside the Master Dojo. She was then seen serving a drink to the Taxi Driver.
In the manga
Honey debuted in PASS31. She was first seen at the Master Dojo when Klara and Avery brought an unconscious Henry there. Noting Henry was suffering from the effects of Eternatus's poison, Honey suggested letting him rest at the dojo until he recovered.
In the TCG
- Main article: Honey (Chilling Reign 142)
Honey was introduced as a Supporter card in the Pokémon Trading Card Game during the English Sword & Shield Series (the Japanese Sword & Shield Era). It was first released in the Japanese S-P Promotional cards before debuting in English in the Chilling Reign expansion, with artwork by Ryuta Fuse. It was also released as a Full Art card in the same Japanese and English expansions, with artwork by the same artist. It allows the player to draw a card for each Pokémon V on the opponent's Bench.
- Honey's model is the same as a Beauty, but with a different color scheme and head.
- Honey's signature includes a three-leaf clover. This references both how the leaves of the Japanese honewort grow in threes, and the Japanese name of the plant 三つ葉 mitsuba as a compound of 三つ mitsu (three) and 葉 ha (leaf).
- While Honey lacks an official number on her League Card, the total cost to unlock all Master Dojo rewards (3.28 million watts) includes a reference to the number 328 as a goroawase reading for Mitsuba.
|Japanese||ミツバ Mitsuba||From 三つ葉 mitsuba (Japanese honewort) and possibly 蜜 mitsu (honey)|
|English||Honey||From honewort and possibly honey. One half of honey mustard, with Mustard.|
|German||Enia||From Cryptotaenia (honewort genus)|
|Spanish, Italian||Tania||From Cryptotaenia (honewort genus)|
|French||Apia||From Apiaceae (family that contains the genus Cryptotaenia) and possibly apis (Latin for bee)|
|Korean||반디나 Bandina||From 반디나물 bandinamul (Japanese honewort)|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||蜜葉 / 蜜叶 Mìyè||From 蜜 mì / maht (honey) and 三葉芹 / 三叶芹 sānyèqín / sāamyihpkàhn (Japanese honewort)|
|Chinese (Cantonese)||蜜葉 Mahtyihp|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Mel||From mel (honey)|
|Non-player characters in the core series games|
|Trainer classes in the Pokémon core series|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|