Bulbapedia:Technical Update Changelog
This page serves as a changelog and documentation for Bulbapedia's technical update to Mediawiki 1.35, that took place in April 2021. This page will also be used to document any future changes or updates to Bulbapedia's Mediawiki software.
April 21, 2021
New features you may notice:
- Two factor authentication (2FA) for logging in has been enabled to keep your account secure.
- Toolbars - The edit box now has an updated toolbar. To reenable the old version, you will have to go under "Gadgets" under "Preferences" and select the legacy bar.
- An overall smoother site experience
- Extension:Math - Yes, we can finally display equations properly!
- Default edit rate enhanced - Those of you that like to watch BulbaBot do its work may notice that they start to move a little faster now, you will too if you can edit that fast!
- Enhanced diff pages - Allows for some more action options when viewing page diffs.
- Password issues - You will be notified and be suggested that your password be changed if it is in the list of 100,000 commonly used passwords that are considered bad passwords. Also, your username cannot be included in your password (e.g., if your username is "Spriteit" your password can not be "SpriteitsPassword").
- Partial blocking - Staff now have the ability to apply partial blocks on user accounts. Users may now be blocked from specific pages or namespaces.
Features being tested
- Extension:CategoryTree - Users will now be able to dig through categories to see subcategories within the upper level categories.
- Global user account renames - Allows staff to globally rename user accounts across all Bulbawikis.
- Top Contributors List - Allows for the generation of Bulbapedia's Top Contributor list once again
If you notice any bugs (aka surprise features) please don't hesitate to let us know so we can fix it as soon as possible. That being said, here are a list of currently identified issues tech is working to address:
- Log-in/account lockouts - Some users experiencing log-in issues/account lockouts following the update
- Email - Some features requiring user email, such as account confirmation, is currently not functional