From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
I am IWannaBeTheVeryBest, AKA Aviator Zero. I'm on the Bulbagarden forums from time to time. Mostly I edit pages here to correct them.
I have the following anime episodes, movies, and specials. If you need a screenshot of any scene in them, just ask.
- M13 (first 10 minutes and credits are in 848×480)
- M14 (both versions)
I also have:
- Update Biology sections of Pokémon articles to include all Pokédex info and every detail of their anatomy, including forms and Mega Evolutions.
- Done: Aipom, Arcanine, Bastiodon, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Ekans, Entei, Flaaffy, Froakie, Growlithe, Mewtwo, Oddish, Pidgeot, Pinsir, Raikou, Sandshrew, Spinarak, Suicune, Weedle.
- Update Origin sections of Pokémon articles.
- 1. Mewtwo Strikes Back. Very little to complain about. Great premise, good themes and music, decent action.
- 2. Zoroark: Master of Illusions. Probably the most intelligent Pokémovie.
- 3. Arceus and the Jewel of Life. Epic, well-done climax to the Sinnoh trilogy.
- 4. The Rise of Darkrai. Very engaging feelings of terror, helplessness, and sadness. Good music.
- 5. Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. Pretty dumb, but more than delivers on entertainment.
- 6. The Power of One. Enjoyable despite the absurd deus ex machina and villain.
- 7. Giratina and the Sky Warrior. Solid and decent. Few mistakes, some good moments.
- 8. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Worst of the good movies due to the Tree of Life's nonsense.
- 9. Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice. Semi-solid and decent. Some mistakes, some good moments.
- 10. Jirachi: Wish Maker. Do do, do-do, do-do. Dododo, do-do, do do.
- 11. Destiny Deoxys. Enjoyable, but a stupid premise. The entire plot is just a misunderstanding between Pokémon.
- 12. Celebi: Voice of the Forest. Tried for a more sophisticated plot than it could handle. Suicune does all the work.
- 13. Pokémon Heroes: Latios & Latias. Plot holes up the whazoo. Worst Legendary voices. Otherwise okay.
- 14. Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction. A feature-length, dismissable filler episode.
- 15. Genesect and the Legend Awakened. Engaging build-up to the most disappointing ending of them all.
- 16. Spell of the Unown: Entei. The nonsense plot will make you yell at the screen.
- 17. Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. Probably the most annoying Pokémovie of all.
- 18. Victini and Zekrom/Reshiram. This movie will bore you to death. It offers nothing of value whatsoever.
Appropriate Pokémon Types
Based on what I feel suits them better. For reference, Fairy sometimes replaces Psychic as the "magic/mystical/cosmic" type.
- Bulbasaur/Oddish: . Don't look/act like Poison types, learn just 1-3 Poison moves, bulb/leaves are nontoxic.
- Mega Blastoise: /. Suits tank design.
- Psyduck/Golduck: /. 'Nuff said.
- Geodude/Graveler/Golem: . No reported subterranean activity of any kind. They live on mountains. That's it.
- Seel: /. Really no reason Dewgong is and Seel isn't. Both are based on arctic seals.
- Cloyster: . Absolutely no reason for it be Ice.
- Gengar: /. Body is no longer made of poison gas. A shadow with nefarious intentions.
- Mega Gengar: /. Third eye sees into other dimensions.
- Rhyhorn: . Ground activity is Rhydon-exclusive.
- Rhydon/Rhyperior: /. Being Ground/Rock is just wrong.
- Starmie: /. No psychic/mental powers to speak of. Cosmic/mystical attributes suit Fairy.
- Mr. Mime: . No Fairy attributes. Only learns one such move via leveling. Likes to trick others with fake objects and walls of air, so maybe Dark? Nah.
- Jynx: /: No psychic powers. Behaves much like the Fairy type.
- Gyarados: /. 'Nuff said.
- Porygon/2/Z: . What do you think data is..?
- Azurill/Marill/Azumarill: . Azurill can swim and learns mostly Water moves. None have Fairy attributes.
- Hoppip: . Cannot control itself in midair.
- Wynaut/Wobbuffet: . Learns mostly Normal moves. No Psychic attributes.
- Girafarig: /. Learns many Dark moves, dangerous-looking tail, more dichotomous than Normal/Psychic.
- Dunsparce: /: Diverse moveset but Ground attributes.
- Gligar/Gliscor: /: Poisonous. Fly. Don't dig. Based on scorpions, bats, and vampires. Poison/Flying.
- Stantler: /. Illusions, hypnosis, but still Normal attributes.
- Smoochum: . Lives in cities instead of icy mountains. Not based on Yuki-onna like Jynx.
- Suicune: /. Breaks the trio order, but too many wind connections to ignore.
- Pupitar: . No Ground properties. Suits the transition to…
- Tyranitar: /: It's Godzilla. Made of rock.
- Mega Tyranitar: /. Evil appearance. Could be a corrupted form that quote, "seethes with energy and emanates power."
- Lugia: /. I mean come on.
- Celebi: /. Literally.
- Shroomish: /: Even says "My poison powders turned more toxic!" in Mystery Dungeon.
- Trapinch: /. Bug origin, several Bug moves, etc.
- Lunatone: /. Moon powers are associated with Fairy. Mystic connection.
- Solrock: /. Heat. Sun. Light.
- Milotic: /. Origin, moves, appearance.
- Castform: . Air/wind abilities. Floats. Is a cloud.
- Mega Banette: /. "Baleful power" is unleashed.
- Chingling/Chimecho: . No Psychic powers whatsoever. More proof that Sound type needs to exist.
- Glalie: /. Body made of rock.
- Luvdisc: /. Fairy is pretty much the emotion type.
- Beldum: . Barely thinks for itself. Computer-like mind comes with evolution.
- Latias: /. Half-Psychic Latios can create illusions, Latias is emotionally sensitive. Both types suit their origins.
- Jirachi: . Grants wishes "if you sing to it in a voice of purity." Is in tune with human desires. Steel typing is absurd.
- Grotle: /. Shell is made of soil.
- Bidoof: /. Lives on riverbanks. Doesn't act less Water-like than Bibarel.
- Budew: . No poisonous attributes. Learns only 3 Poison moves, and only via TM.
- Mesprit: . It's the epitome of Fairy Pokémon.
- Azelf: . Willpower is part of the Fighting element description, and it always bugged me how many Psychic Legendaries there are.
- Cresselia: . Pink, female, moon, joyful dreams.
- Palkia: /. Stop… Spacetime. Absolutely nothing to do with Water besides the name "pearl."