Does transferring to Gen4 this way count as a trade? Meaning, if you send a Machoke over, will it evolve?
No, it counts as a capture. Essentially you're releasing the Pokemon into the wilds of the Pal Park for it to be captured by another character. --Zeta 04:29, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
Here's a minor question - does Flash count as an HM move? Because it's an HM in GIII and a TM in GIV. So would it have to be removed to transfer? --Zeta 20:21, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
- Yes. Any move that is an HM move in any Generation III or IV game counts as an HM move. --Shiny NoctowlTalk|Trivia quiz 23:26, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
I've been told that you can only access Pal Park after defeating the Elite Four-is this true? If so, this information needs to be put in the article. --Lime 19:16, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- Well, yeah, but you need to beat the Elite Four to get the National Dex...--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 08:44, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- Umm, False :-P, you have to also defeat the elite four. So before you go "False" people, rudely I might add, check your facts. Uses Wikipedia Alot 17:55, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- Err, My couz has gotten the National Dex before he beat the elite four...he saw all the Pokémon then got beaten up by Cynthia's Lucario...Optimus35 07:22, 5 September 2007 (UTC)
Ok, when I start my game, nothing affects the menu. It doesn't say Migrate from FireRed in my Diamond. I already have the National Dex, and I have beaten the E4. Now what? I also saved there and there is a FireRed game in the DS's GBA slot.Trainer Siblings Takumi and Mari 13:14, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Are you using a regular DS or DS lite? The regular DS holds the game in much better, so be sure that the cartridge is all the way in before you turn on the DS. You also might have to save at a Pokémon Center in FR, but I'm not sure, because I always do anyway. TTEchidna 20:25, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Have you visited the pal park at least once already? maybe the optione needs to be triggered there as well. Kendai
- 1 Pal Park areas?
- 2 Transfer from Johto ???
- 3 Pokétch Apps.
- 4 Glitch???
- 5 HM moves?
- 6 Trivia addition?
- 7 Problem
- 8 Pokémon
- 9 DSi
- 10 HeartGold and SoulSilver
- 11 Once Day
- 12 Is this true and if it is can i add it to trivia.
- 13 Image
- 14 Clarification
- 15 international transfer
- 16 Pokérus
- 17 hacks?
- 18 Evolution
- 19 Korean Pal Park?
- 20 Date Captured
- 21 Pal Park name
- 22 Pal Park Sinnoh
- 23 Minimum Pokemon
- 24 Possible Trivia...?
- 25 unable to migrate?
- 26 Feel and Sheen in contests
Pal Park areas?
Should the Pokémon that can be found in the different Pal Park areas be on this page or on a separate one? Also, should that be listed in the infobox for the Pokémon species? TTEchidna 23:26, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- The best place in the species articles would probably be the locations section.
- The list by areas may be best on a seperate page just because of how many there are. --FabuVinny T-C-S 12:40, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
Transfer from Johto ???
I've just noticed that there is a possibility of getting a Pokémon from Johto.... I admit, I used a hacking method, Pokesav precisely. I wonder what does it mean? Maybe a GSC remake ...? Piotr mil 18:27, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
- The hackers did note that interesting piece of data a while ago. It doesn't affect this article, though, since a GS remake would be for DS, not GBA. --FabuVinny T-C-S 20:06, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
Should the girl that hands the Color Changer and Kitchen Timer apps over be noted in this article?Josh 00:46, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
I don't think so. They could just check the Poketch article ~Mr.lol
I need help. I migrated six pokemon from FireRed, but, when I go to the Pal Park and I find one of the pokemon I migrated, the game freezes. CAN YOU HELP ME???? - unsigned comment from Jomiarias (talk • contribs)
- Did you use GameShark or ActionReplay on either? TTEchidnaGSDS! 04:03, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- if you have arceus at the front of the party, the game will freeze - check the article, it took me ages to work out why my diamond kept freezing.
16:23, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
- Are you sure about that? I have an Arceus in my top slot most times when I migrate, and the only time the game ever froze was when Arceus was holding an item. However if Arceus is in the top slot without an item, it doesn't freeze. --JennyRogue 01:30, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- if you have arceus at the front of the party, the game will freeze - check the article, it took me ages to work out why my diamond kept freezing.
I plan on transferring my Mudkip from my Emerald version to my Diamond version, but it knows some HM moves...is there any way I can replace them? ~ Shippinator Mandy 07:18, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, re-teach them after the transfer.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 07:30, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
- You'd have to delete them at the move deleter's house before the transfer, dump the Mudkip into Pal Park, and finally, reteach the moves (except Dive, sorry) in DP. TTEchidna 09:20, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
You can relearn dive. Kingdonfin 06:08, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
According to a quick look-over of a chart on the back of a tear-out map from the "ultimate national pokédex" it seems two pokemon outside of legendary and starter pokémon, Tangela and Tropius, MUST be imported through pal park before any more can be obtained by breeding. Interesting to note that they are both grass type and have english names starting with the letter T. Kendai
- We know about it, but apparently, Tropius and Tangela have in-game locations. Tropius is found in the Great Marsh as one of the changer Pokémon and Tangela in the snowy area of Mt. Coronet as a swarmer. Doesn't mean that it's the easiest way to get the two (I prefer to go for Route 21 and Route 119 in Gen III, personally, then Pal Park them), but it's possible to get them without Gen III. TTEchidna 23:22, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
Should their be information about the Pal Park being Language Locked?
--HOTMAMADILLS 15:58, 23 May 2008 (UTC)I think that would be a great idea. it took me days of researching on google before i figured it out, (english saphire, french diamond) so yes.
Me and my sister are having a problem with trading Pokemon over from LeafGreen to Pearl. The game keeps saying we are using a different DS , but my sister is using her DS , that she always uses. What's up with that happening?
- * Evey ☆ 00:16, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
- No, no. You're doing it wrong. You insert the Leafgreen into the SAME DS as the Pearl is in. Then you do it. You don't use two DS. --Theryguy512 00:51, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
- That's what we did. But it's not a problem anymore. [b]Evil Sonic....[/b] 23:53, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
- Is it true if you migrate a pokemon into pal park it will disappear from my saphire and appear on my pearl. just checking before i do it. Dont want my Torchic to disappear!! :( Vulpix 2010 3 april 2010
- Yes, they will dissappear from Sapphire. Its such as shame, if only they had just let you copy the Pokémon and mark them as uploaded. You can easily sign your comments using --~~~~ by the way :). --Chickasaurus 14:11, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
Should I put a section on where you find the Pokemon in the Pal Park by migration? CoolPikachu!!!!!
With the DSi Pal Park will Be Impossible whilst using that. =[--Davidaipom 20:33, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
- Not completely true, as you can enter pal park on a DSi. If you migrate the Pokémon from a regular DS, then switch the game and put it in a DSi, You will still enter Pal park and can In fact Migrate. ŚĥîΠŶPî₭₳ĉĥŭ 23:01, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- Unless you don't have a DS or DS Lite anymore, so to the owners of a DSi, Nintendo is just saying, "Screw you." :( felinoel 05:06, 7 January 2010 (UTC)
HeartGold and SoulSilver
Is it probable that the G/S remakes will include a Pal Park? They're DS games, possibly DSi-enhanced, but still DS games, so the GBA slot serves purpose, which is the same as in D/P/Pt. Pokemon lover 17:10, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- While it is possible, nothing is going in any article until it is confirmed by the proper sources. — THE TROM — 02:55, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
My brother can Migrate Pokemon as many times a day as he wants but on Pokemon Platinum I can only Migrate once, why is this? Kingdonfin 06:10, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- It's only meant to be once a day. Chances are your brother is exercising some kind of cheat. For a more definitive answer, try using our forums. This page is intended for discussing the article, not the subject of it. — THE TROM — 09:07, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- I discovered recently that I can migrate Pokemon from my copy of Ruby to my copy of HeartGold as many times as I want. I lent Ruby to my brother over Christmas and got it back less than a month ago. When I got it back, the time played was 999:59. He had been taping the up button down and walking against the hills to level his Pokemon in the daycare overnight. I haven't fixed the Berry Glitch yet, and since I got the game used, I don't know if it's been fixed before. I'm trying to find that out, to see if having the berry glitch allows for unlimited Pal Park migrations. We'll see.--Dratini Egg 17:43, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I somehow missed that. I apologize for jumping to any conclusions. If it's appropriate to delete my comment above, go ahead.--Dratini Egg 18:54, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
Is this true and if it is can i add it to trivia.
That in the korean versions of DPPt, there is not palpark or something i heard.--Pokéboy93 04:49, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- I used WTW and it's there and working. --Master Emerald 15:47, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
I'm new here, something seems to be up with the map image link. There isn't a corresponding one on the Archives, so whoever does the images here should look into it. --DekuScrubby 17:47, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
"Pal Park was previously the only way in which players could complete their Pokémon collections in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Following the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver, all Pokémon can be obtained within the Generation IV games."
- So how does one go about obtaining Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys in Gen 4, Pokemon the article itself says can only be transferred through Pal Park? Drake Clawfang 08:52, 8 January 2010 (UTC)
I have a question, can i transfer too if the gba catridge is a American version transferring it to the Italian One, like this.
- I believe this is not possible, sorry. --veggieman (leave a message after the click?) 19:17, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
If a Pokémon meets the requirements to evolve, (IE: trading), will it evolve? Considering something received from Pal Park gets boosted EXP, then that would indicate it was obtained via trade, right? So, if a Seadra holding a Dragon Scale was to be transferred to a gen IV game, through Pal Park, would it evolve into Kingdra? FrozenStrategy 17:15, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
- No, Pokémon do not evolve via Pal Park transfer. —darklordtrom 22:20, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
Korean Pal Park?
I don't know much about this, but does anyone know if the Pal Parks in the Korean Gen 4 games can transfer Pokemon from ANY Region Gen 3 games, considering that there are no official Korean Gen 3 games? If so, would it be possible to add this information to the main article, assuming that the Korean versions are the only versions to accept Pokemon from a Gen 3 game from ANY region? -- Nick15 21:54, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
- Er, I ask this because the post above discussing the existence of the Korean Pal Park doesn't necessarily explain if the Korean Pal Park can transfer from ANY region's Gen 3 game, or if it can read only Japan or English games... -- Nick15 21:56, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
If you were to migrate a Pokémon over to Pal Park from a Gen.III game, when you re-capture it in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver, when you check the date you caught a Pokémon from Pal Park, would it be the day you caught it at Pal Park, or when you caught it in your Gen. III game? Please help me with that. ---- 8o8 Dark 03:49, 2 November 2010 (UTC)
- That day you transferred it to Pal Park, since the Generation III games don't keep track of dates. --HoennMaster 04:24, 2 November 2010 (UTC)
Pal Park name
I think the name is more of a refernce to PAL, meaning a video game that is gotten outside the USA. Because you'r able to use those games in Pal Park as well I belive Pgj1997 17:05, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
- No, that has nothing to do with it. Blazios 17:16, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Pal Park Sinnoh
Apparently there is a minimum number of pokemon you must have in the GBA game in order to migrate. I just did a solo run and wanted to migrate the champ before I erased the file. I have 3 pokemon (the champ and 2 HM slaves), yet when I try to migrate the game says "There aren't six Pokemon in the PC Boxes." I'm not very confident at editing wiki's and I don't want to screw up any nice formatting, but I thought it would be worthwhile to include in the page. Perhaps someone else can confirm this phenomenon also? --- Xernoc 13:08, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
- You have to have 6 Pokémon in the PC as you can only migrate 6 at a time, no more, no less. You can't have 0 Pokémon on you as that isn't allowed, you must have one Pokémon at least in your party. It's common sense really so shouldn't be needed to be put into the article. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 13:18, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
- Strange. It seemed to me that the first time I used migrate I only migrated one pokemon. Is there another game that you can do less? Kinda strange that you HAVE to do six. Oh well. Thanks. Xernoc 13:55, 6 September 2012 (UTC)
Yes, I know I don't come up with very good Trivia, but you CAN have Pokémon hold items when transferring with Pal Park, but they CAN'T hold items when using the Poké Transfer. KyuremsIceBlade (talk) 23:09, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
unable to migrate?
when completing both games (emerald and diamond)beating the E4 and obtaining the national dex in sinnoh why wont my migration work....it wont show? do i have to obtain the national dex in emerald? do i need arceas and shamin? do i need to catch them all in emerald or see them all?
- AFAIK you don't need to meet any specific criteria in Emerald other than the game matching the Gen IV game's region and the no-HM-move-dealie. Shaymin and Arceus are also excluded as a requirement, basically, if you've got the National Dex, you're good. If you're certain the game regions match, I'd turn it off and try removing/reinserting the game card and game pak.. or try it on a different DS unit? i dunno really though haha. good luck! --ZestyCactus 18:40, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
Feel and Sheen in contests
If a Pokémon obtained in Gen III is transferred to Gen IV, will its 'feel' stat that would prevent it from eating pokeblocks convert into Gen IV's sheen stat, which prevents it from eating poffins? - unsigned comment from Pokemonred200 (talk • contribs)