I've been playing through White for a while (past the elite 4), and I haven't seen any trainers with either Washibon, Wargle, Baruchai or Barujina, so can these Pokemon only be seen in White & Black respectively, like Magmar & Electabuzz were in Red/Blue? XVuvuzela2010X 14:13, 22 March 2011 (UTC)
- Cynthia has a Braviary. So Braviary can be seen in Black at some point. --ケンジのガール 00:38, 23 March 2011 (UTC)
Miles of The Riches also has a Braviary in his roster -- however it seems nobody has a Mandibuzz or Vullaby. This would make Mandibuzz the only version-exclusive evolutionary family (at least in Unova) which players of the opposite version cannot acquire on the GTS. Dream World notwithstanding, the only way to acquire one in Pokemon White version is by negotiating a trade with another live player (either locally, or by GTS Negotiations).
...Which, in my case, took several hours of assorted negotiations before I found someone offering up a Mandibuzz. A bit of a headache ... but ultimately with a happy ending. --Stratelier 07:27, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- What? Just like Cyndaquil and others in HG/SS, then. What was that rumour I heard a year ago about something being done about that kind of GTS malfunction, then? Adding a trainer would work, but the specific rumour was on some change to the GTS, like scrapping the requirement at some point. PLA 14:25, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
- But Cyndaquil is a starter Pokémon, so the fact that you don't encounter one under ownership of an NPC is relatively understandable (Kanto and Sinnoh seem to be the only regions where NPC trainers have starter Pokémon) -- Vullaby/Mandibuzz are ordinary Pokémon you can encounter in the wild, yet there are no NPCs with one in their roster, and unlike (say) Zorua, there are no NPCs who will give you a free Pokédex sighting of it either. --Stratelier 05:20, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
Has nobody seen that Braviary and Mandibuzz rivals are. By leveling up they learn there moves on the same level has four start moves and are not catchable in the same game. Braviary is only catchable in White and Mandibuzz only in Black. Can somebody add this to the trivia--Nazirbashir 07:50, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- First of all, they aren't "rivals" unless their behavior suggests it. Zangoose and Seviper are rivals, but these aren't unless a dex entry or something confirms that they treat each other as such. However, they could be considered counterparts—they have parallel base stat totals, movesets, evolutionary lines, and on top of that are version exclusives for opposing games—and that is something which could go on the page. However, the only place that would fit is trivia, and seeing as the addition of trivia is currently prohibited, that edit's going to have to wait. --AndyPKMN (talk) 12:37, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
- Also Braviary and Mandibuzz have the same weak points, Electric, Rock and Ice. They have also the same base stat: 510.--Nazirbashir 19:27, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
I know that it's hardly to appear in a game that's aimed at all ages, but couldn't 'Vulgina' also come from 'vagina' since it's female-only species? Kikugi 12:46, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- Like you said, this is a game that aims at all ages. The game makers aren't going to make a Pokémon's name with something so inappropriate. --☆ヨッシ ー の世界☆ 13:05, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not so sure. For the Japanese, the word 'vagina' might not seem so inappropriate. I'd also postulate that the name might come from 'gyno', a prefix from the Greek, meaning 'relating to women', as in 'gynecology'. That seems more likely than 'regina', seeing as Mandibuzz is a little too savage to be called Queenly. --Batmong (talk) 19:29, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
Gender Specific Pronouns Concerning the Anime?
I'm not quite sure about this, but should I change the gender specific pronouns (she/her) when it's talking about a specific instance of the Pokémon in the anime, or should it stay that way? It should obviously remain in the Pal Pad entry, because that's taken directly from the game. --Giokutalkuser 19:42, 26 August 2013 (UTC)
- I'd say it's noteworthy. --Zatias (talk) 00:52, 21 March 2014 (UTC)