| The subject of this article has no official English name.|
The name currently in use is a fan translation of the Japanese name.
Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR! (Japanese: ポケモンカードＧＢ２ ＧＲ団参上! Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR!) (abbreviated Pokémon Card GB2) is the Japan-only sequel to Pokémon Trading Card Game. The game story revolves around a new villainous team, Team Great Rocket, and contains nearly all of the cards from Base Set, Jungle, Fossil, and Team Rocket. A promotional Lugia card was included with the game.
The game adds many new features not present in the original, such as new cards, the ability to play as a female character, a much larger in-game world, and a more developed story (rather than just collect cards and defeat the Grand Masters, the player must defeat Team Great Rocket).
In Pokémon Card GB2, Team Great Rocket, led by King Biruritchi, have kidnapped many of the Club Masters and attempted to steal the Legendary Cards. The player, assuming the role of Mark or Mint, must rescue the Club Masters and defeat Team Great Rocket at their headquarters on GR Island.
- Players may select either Mark, the protagonist of the original Pokémon Trading Card Game, or Mint, a new female player character.
- Opponent Trainers now have varying sprites: when they are losing, they appear sad, when they are winning, they appear happy.
- Coins replace Master Medals as tokens of achievement. These coins can also be used in place of the standard game coin in duels.
- Most of the clubs, such as the Grass Club, receive a minor interior redesign.
- In addition to all of the areas found in TCG Island in the first game, a second island, GR Island, is explorable as well.
Along with the first four TCG sets and a number of special promotional cards, a large number of cards from the Japanese-exclusive Vending Machine cards and Intro Pack are available. Only one card from Gym Heroes made it into the game, which was The Rocket's Trap.
The following were the expansion sets available in the game.
- Beginning Pokémon
- Legendary Power
- Island of Fossil
- Psychic Battle
- Sky Flying Pokémon
- We Are Team Rocket
- Team Rocket's Ambition
- Promotion Card
Cards not available in Pokémon Card GB2
Like the first version, there are a number of actual cards that did not make into the game, assuming that the listed promotional cards are Owner's Pokémon.
- Guard Spec.
- Pokémon Tower
- Team Rocket's Meowth
- Main article: Coin (TCG)#In the games
Coins have superseded Master Medals from the first game as items which denote any significant achievement. Coins can be used to change the coin interface used in the card game, or may be used for access to certain areas of the map. There are 24 coins in total, separated into three sets: GB1 Island coins, GB2 Island coins, and special coins.
- A promotional Great Rocket's Mewtwo was included with a special edition Celebi Game Boy Advance bundle package in March 2001.
- This game, along with its predecessor, are the only spin-off games to share overworld sprites with the, at the time, core series games.
|This game-related article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by .|
|This article is part of both Project Sidegames and Project TCG, Bulbapedia projects that, together, aim to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon Sidegames and TCG, respectively.|