| Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands|
Logo for the season
Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands is the second season of the Pokémon anime. The 36-episode season showcases the adventures of Ash, Misty, and Tracey in the Orange Islands before they return to Pallet Town. The subtitle "Adventures in the Orange Islands" is not used within the episodes, but was later added by the DVD boxed sets to distinguish it from the later seasons.
It originally aired as part of the 1999-2000 Kids' WB! Saturday morning line-up. The season began with Pallet Party Panic, which originally aired on December 4, 1999, and ended with The Rivalry Revival, which originally aired on October 14, 2000.
Adventures in the Orange Islands marked the beginning of the arc that spans between the Indigo League and the Johto saga which begins with Pokémon: The Johto Journeys.
See the list of Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands episodes for a list of episodes aired as part of this season.
The following Pokémon are obtained:
Ash defeats the following Gym Leaders:
Ash defeats the Head Leader:
North American DVD Releases
Australian DVD Releases
- Many clips of Ash's adventures in the Orange Islands were first shown in the US via Pikachu's Jukebox.
- This season has the longest season name totaling at 38 letters, tied up with Pokémon Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors.
- In Finland, this season was completely skipped.
- The DVD boxset refers to the season as "Adventures On the Orange Islands" for an unknown reason.
- The title is also sometimes listed as "Adventures In Orange Islands!"
- Most of the episode scenes in the theme song are from the episode Pikachu Re-Volts!
In other languagesLast modified on 10 October 2014, at 01:46