| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Flat Battle (Japanese: フラットバトル Flat Battle) is a battle mode introduced in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. In those games, it is found at the Pokémon Communication Club Colosseum, while in Generation V, it is found at the Union Room. Like the Battle Tower and related Battle Frontier facilities, any Pokémon above level 50 will have its stats and level reduced to its level 50 version, while keeping all its moves and accumulated EVs.
Unlike the Standard Cup and other rule sets for wireless battles, the Pokémon can be of any level before entering.
Pokémon Center Receptionist
- "Flat Battle is for Pokémon over Lv. 50."
- "All Pokémon will become Lv. 50 for the battle."
Rule sets available
- No Restrictions - Players can have up to six Pokémon on their teams.
- Double No Restrictions - Similar to the No Restrictions rule setting, though it is a Double Battle instead of a Single Battle.
- Standard Cup - Players can only have up to three Pokémon on their team.
- Double Cup - Players have four Pokémon on their team and otherwise follow the Standard Cup rules.
- Light Cup - Players can only have three Pokémon on their team, each weighing no more than 218 pounds (98.883 kilograms).
- GS Cup - Exclusive to Flat Battles. Use four Pokémon with up to two "Special Pokémon" on the team.
Special Pokémon for GS Cup
Specifics on rule sets
|Standard Cup||Double Cup||Light Cup||GS Cup|
|No. of Pokémon||6||6||3||4||3||4|
|Pokémon level||Max. 100||Max. 100||Max. 100||Max. 100||Max. 100||Max. 100|
|Max. Combined level||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Weight limit||Free||Free||Free||Free|| Max. 220.5 lbs.
|Special Pokémon||Permitted||Permitted||Banned||Banned||Banned||Up to 2|
|Same held items||Permitted||Permitted||Banned||Banned||Banned||Banned|
In other languages
|This game mechanic article is part of Project Games, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon games.|