| The Journalist from Another Region!
Pansy Appears! Erikiteru and Gogoat!!
|| July 18, 2013
| United States
|| October 12, 2013
|| Team Kato
|| 面出明美 Akemi Omode
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| Assistant director
|| 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
| Animation director
|| 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara
| No additional credits are available at this time.
The Journalist from Another Region! (Japanese: パンジー登場！エリキテルとゴーゴート！！ Pansy Appears! Erikiteru and Gogoat!!) is the 134th episode of the Best Wishes series, and the 791st episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on July 18, 2013 and in the United States on October 12, 2013.
Our heroes have arrived on Harvest Island, famous for its delicious berries and the Grand Harvest Festival that celebrates them. Ash, Iris, and Cilan set off for the festival, and along the way, they come across a Pokémon they’ve never seen before—one that Ash’s Pokédex can’t identify! Ash just wants to catch it, of course, but when he challenges it to a battle, the electrical discharge from its frills knocks him flat, and its Trainer quickly runs up to apologize.
She introduces herself as Alexa, a Pokémon journalist from the faraway Kalos region. Along with her Pokémon, Helioptile and Gogoat, she travels the world for her job, writing about and photographing Pokémon in their natural habitat. Helioptile, who knocked Ash down, helps her by recharging her equipment, and Gogoat carries that equipment in its saddlebags—and remembers where it’s stored, something Alexa isn’t very good at!
Alexa has come to the island to cover the Pokémon Sumo competition at the festival, so they all decide to walk together. On the way, she fills our heroes in on the legend surrounding the competition: long ago, the island was in danger of going barren because people and Pokémon had stripped it of nearly all its berries. The island’s two strongest Pokémon fought each other to a standstill over the last remaining berry, and things looked grim...but a small boy picked the berry and split it in two, offering half to each Pokémon and telling them to share. The island recovered, and today, the Pokémon Sumo competition honors that fierce battle.
Ash, Iris, and Cilan all decide to enter the competition, and while they’re waiting for it to begin, Ash has a run-in with a rude boy named Rodney, who shoves him aside at the pie stand. It turns out Rodney has entered the competition, too, with his enormous Golurk, which makes short work of all its opponents! But Ash and Pignite are determined, and Rodney gradually begins to show respect for the pair’s persistence. Finally, with some clever maneuvering, Pignite manages to get Golurk off balance and throw it to the ground. Ash has won!
Rodney is disappointed, but Ash offers to split some berries with him, in an echo of the old legend. There are enough berries to feed the entire festival, and everyone happily joins in. Afterward, our heroes are ready to set out for the ship again when they learn that Alexa is heading to Kanto to work on her next article. So she’ll be joining them on their travels!
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
and his friends
reach Harvest Island
tells them there's a Grand Harvest Festival
on this island, so people are gathering their Pokémon
for the upcoming Pokémon Sumo Tournament
. Ash is excited about this and decides to go to the Grand Harvest Festival along with Iris
. During their trip to the Grand Harvest Festival, Ash and his friends see a Helioptile
, and they are confused as to which Pokémon it is. Ash scans it on his Pokédex
, but there's no entry about this Pokémon in his Pokédex, which says "No data.". Ash and his friends are impressed that it didn't scan the Pokémon at all. Iris is pondering that maybe this Pokémon isn't from Unova, and Cilan is pondering that it might not be from another region, either. Ash doesn't care where it comes from, and decides to catch it sending Pikachu
to use his Thunder Shock
on it. But then, a mysterious woman warns Ash not to attack it, and Helioptile uses a new attack called Parabolic Charge
on Ash and Pikachu before Iris and Cilan figure out what happened. Then, this woman apologizes to Ash for what her Pokémon has done, and then they learn that she is Alexa
, a journalist from the Kalos
region, and her Pokémon are Gogoat
and Helioptile. Alexa explains that she's in the Decolore Islands
to write an article on the tradition of Harvest Island, the Harvest Festival. As they visit the festival, they learn of a special Pokémon Sumo Tournament where the winner shall win a Focus Band
and some rare Berries
. Ash, Iris
each decide to enter this tournament, but things turn out to be tougher than they thought. Who will win the tournament?
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
- Professor Oak's Pokémon Live Caster: Cinccino
- This episode marks the first anime appearance of Generation VI Pokémon and a Generation VI move.
- This episode marks the first mention of Kalos in the anime.
- The English dub of the episode aired the same day that Pokémon X and Y were released.
- The gap between the Japanese and US airings is 86 days, making this the shortest time between the premiere of the Japanese version and the English dub of the same episode at the time, prior to the XY series sneak peek event.
- This episode aired on September 20, 2013 in Italy (on K2), twenty-two days before the US airdate.
- This episode marks the first appearance of a Grotle in the main series other than the one that belonged to Ash.
- At one point Ash reminisces about his participation in a Pokémon Sumo Wrestling competition. This is a reference to Ring Masters, in which Ash battled and won with his Snorlax.
- In a recurring error, when Iris first releases her Dragonite from his Poké Ball, his antennae are briefly the same orange color as his body.
- When the Pokémon Sumo Tournament is about to begin, Hariyama's feet are colored the same way as its pants, and Slaking's eyes are colored the same way as its skin, save its scleras.
- When Ash is eating the pie, his gloves are missing.
Iris's Dragonite's antennae error
Hariyama's feet and Slaking's eyes errors
In other languagesLast modified on 23 September 2014, at 21:52