- This article is about the key item. For the character of the day, see Azure.
The Azure Flute
(Japanese: てんかいのふえ Heaven Flute
) is a key event item
which was planned to be received through a Nintendo event
. However, such distribution never occured. It is needed to access the Hall of Origin
, where Arceus
resides, in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl
, and Platinum
. It is one of the four event items
in the Sinnoh-based games, that also include Secret Key
, Member Card
and Oak's Letter
When the player has reached the Spear Pillar, at the top of Mt. Coronet, he or she may choose to use the Azure Flute; this will cause a large staircase to appear that can be climbed to reach the Hall of Origin.
| A flute that puts out echoing sounds that do not seem to be of this world. It is unknown who made it.
- When the Azure Flute is used at the Spear Pillar, it plays the first few notes of the game's intro cutscene.
- Although the Azure Flute will remain in the Bag after it is used, once Arceus is caught, the Azure Flute will no longer summon the entrance to the Hall of Origin when played at the Spear Pillar. Instead, a message reading, "The Azure Flute echoed hollowly..." will appear. However, if the player knocks out Arceus, the Azure Flute can be used again to have Arceus reappear.
- The Azure Flute is the only Generation IV event Pokémon-related item to not be distributed in any legitimate way.
- In an interview with Junichi Masuda in 2013, it was revealed that the Azure Flute was thought to be too confusing for players to use, leading to the decision not to distribute it.
In other languages
See alsoLast modified on 11 January 2014, at 17:07