April 1, 2006 was an April Fools' Day that fell on a Saturday.
Pokémon-related hoaxes this year included:
- A special edition of Bulbacast was released, breaking the news about 10 newly-discovered Pokémon names, as well as other 'information' about Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, such as a true cross-breeding feature and the name of the new region. The Pokeani hoaxes were also discussed.
- Pokeani made its first April Fools' Day hoax, announcing a spinoff anime based on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, where the main character is a boy-turned-Pikachu. Also reported was a new ending, Takeshi's Paradise 2.
- Dogasu's Backpack published a fake comparison of Mean with Envy, illustrated with doctored screenshots.
A fairly predictable joke that recurs each April Fools' Day is an aesthetic change:
- SPP expanded its initials as Super Princess Peach.
- Pokécommunity set the default color scheme to black-on-black.
- Bulbapedia set the interface for logged-in users to Finnish, then later, Japanese.
- Pokémon Emerald MA imitates the new, 'girl-oriented' Slashdot look, OMG!!! Ponies!!, including the pink color scheme.
- Psypoke celebrated Seizure Awareness Day, with a new banner and bright new flashing color scheme. The forums were also modified to have a similar flashing-color effect within each table cell on the index page.
- pkmn.net set up the profanity filter on their forums to change various common words:
- pkmn.net also announced that Celebi was obtainable in Pokémon Emerald.
- #pocketmonsters released a parody translation of AG160.
|April Fools' Day|
|2005 ・ 2006 ・ 2007 ・ 2008 ・ 2009 ・ 2010 ・ 2011 ・ 2012 ・ 2013 ・ 2014|
|This article is a part of Project Fandom, a Bulbapedia Project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every aspect of the Pokémon Fandom.|