- This article is about the objects in the Pokémon games. For Pokémon Trading Card Game collection, see Vending Machine cards.
A Vending Machine (Japanese: 自動販売機 Vending Machine) is a machine found in several regions of the Pokémon world which is used to sell drinks.
When purchasing a drink in the Generation III and IV games, there is a 1/64 chance that the player may also receive an extra drink for free. In Generation V, this chance is increased to a 1/32 chance. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there is also a chance of an extra drink, with an even slimmer chance of two extra drinks. When this happens, the message "Score! An extra can of <item> dropped down!", "Bonus! Another can of <item> dropped down.", "Score! You got a bonus drink! An extra bottle of <item> dropped down." is displayed, depending on generation. In Black 2 and White 2, there is a Medal for having this happen.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing Colo, XD, and ORAS images of Vending Machines.
This listing is of the locations where Vending Machines can be found:
- Although Vending Machines are listed as dropping a can of the drink in question regardless of game and generation, the item menu sprites depict only Lemonade coming in a can. Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Moomoo Milk are depicted as bottles in their item menu sprites, even if bought through a Vending Machine which says it drops a can.
- Out of the items sold in the Department Store Vending Machines, Fresh Water is the best deal from a /HP comparison, at 4/HP. Soda Pop is the worst deal, at 5/HP, and Lemonade is in the middle, at 4.375/HP.
- Of the Cable Car entrance Vending Machines, Fresh Water comes in at 8/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 10/HP, and Lemonade at 8.75/HP.
- Of the Team Magma and Aqua Hideout vending machines, Fresh Water comes in at 3/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 4.167/HP, and Lemonade at 3.75/HP.
- Kalos is the only core series region where vending machines cannot be found.
In other languages