Welcome to Bulbapedia, TehPerson!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:TehPerson/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
I don't know if you intend to pick up editing these again, but please be aware that moves are only considered variations if they are within 5 PP of each other. Make sure any moves you're adding meet that criteria. Even if you disagree that that should be a criteria, it is something you would need to bring up in discussion in order to get changed. Thanks. =) Tiddlywinks (talk) 08:16, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- Okay fine. TehPerson (talk) 06:41, 17 July 2015 (UTC)
While it's all right to have a sandbox (heck, I have one myself, please refrain from making a lot of edits to it. Your sandbox is still within userspace and is subject to the userspace policy, which generally stipulates three userspace edits per day provided you contribute at least four edits a day to mainspace. Exceptions can be made for pages being prepared for mainspace (as generally proposing new pages should be done via userspace), but the sandbox area usually does not qualify for exceptions. Use the preview button where possible when making sandbox edits instead of immediately saving, then [immediately changing them again]. Also, note that I have several different projects in the same single Sandbox page by using section headers like in a normal article; this is instead of using several different pages as you have. There's nothing wrong with multiple sandboxes as far as I'm aware, it's just an idea I'm passing along so you have a single place for everything you're working on. =)
- I know I know. I used Show Preview to minimize edits, and tried to limit them to 3, but sometimes you gotta publish it to see how it affects another page. TehPerson (talk) 07:41, 17 July 2015 (UTC)
I saw recently that you were blocked for being "insubordinate" in editing Ability variations, when you had only been told about move variations. Now, if you don't care about that little mess at all (or if perhaps you've already resolved it elsewhere), feel free to skip the rest of this.
Anyway, I kind of took it upon myself (presumptively, perhaps) to alert Kogoro about her mistake so that she might undo it sooner rather than later. I kept after it too, but I am now told that it's not my concern since I wasn't the one blocked. I understand that logic, but I also kind of think it's a bit of a cheat. IMHO it's not too much to ask for a simple acknowledgement of the mistake. (In short—and I know this may sound a little silly—I just want to know that Bulbapedia's not somehow okay with such a mistake.) So, I thought I'd ask you if you'd like to raise that issue on your own behalf? If you just wish to chime in where I've already tried asking, that's here.
Thank you for your concern. While I do agree with you, I feel that doing so would only result in more harm than help. Looking at your conversation, it is clear Kogoro does not wish to discuss the issue, and even more so to admitting a careless mistake. Although I have considered bringing it up, I feel that at best I'll get a passive-aggressive apology with a reprimand attached.
Anyways, thank you for standing up for what's right. Much appreciated! TehPerson (talk) 00:10, 25 July 2015 (UTC)