User talk:Tanaka Shimoya
- 1 Welcome
- 2 60c a can?
- 3 Please Realize...
- 4 Game Guide
- 5 Your username
- 6 Done.
- 7 Cost-effective
- 8 Real-world counterparts
- 9 There is no chat room
- 10 Dude, Stop
- 11 The Mewtwo edit
- 12 About the stores
- 13 Kirby?
- 14 Tittf
- 15 あなた日本人ですか？(Are you a Japanese?)
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
60c a can?
Dude..... can you buy me some and send it to me? I'm paying in excess of $2 for 600mL these days! Um, but seriously, no. — THE TROM — 04:02, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
I found a vending machine that sold soda at 60¢ here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23475878@N07/2565805623/sizes/l/ --Elohssa Naer'uoy 04:08, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- You just proved a point though: you had to search for one specific site that fits that requirement. And quite frankly, everywhere does not have that same price. ht14 04:10, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- It's the "average" as far as I can tell. --Elohssa Naer'uoy 04:11, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- So you're saying you've seen cheaper soda prices than 60... ht14 04:11, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- In the PAST, yes. Today, maybe a few small towns & discount stores still have vending machines selling soda at 50¢ a can. --Elohssa Naer'uoy 04:16, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- ...great...You state that only a few have 50 cents, but there are plenty OVER 60 cents, as much as $1.15 US or more. That doesn't make the average close to 60, but more into the 90s. Besides, there are too many variables to worry about it. ht14 04:18, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Find a lot of 60+¢ vending machines on Flickr and we'll see. Or are you referring to the plastic 20oz soda BOTTLES? (Well AFAIK, in the game anyway, the sodas are aluminum soda CANS.) Of course the plastic bottles will cost more. --Elohssa Naer'uoy 04:21, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
Whoops! The cans of soda are actually bottles!
Oh, hold it right there! Actually, my mistake. On my VisualBoyAdvance ROM I got off of BitComet, I just bought soda pop at that beach house in Slateport and the vendor said "Just PD300 a bottle! Buy some!"
The 20oz bottles of soda are in the neighborhood of $1 - $1.50. Let's assume the highest: The exchange rate would therefore be PD200 to $1 USD. (If we assumed the lowest, it would of course be 300 PD to $1 USD.)
I can't believe they were cans all this time. My bad! --Elohssa Naer'uoy 04:30, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- ...still...even if it were accurate, as I said, TOO many variables. Glad that that's resolved. ht14 04:38, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
No, we're not a game guide. Please take some time to read the policies linked in the welcome at the top of your talk page before I have to block you for edit warring. - Kogoro | Talk to me - 04:50, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- We're not a game guide at all. We present the information, not give opinions based on it. That's the job of a strategy guide. We do this so that we don't cause there to be a large group of Pokémon fans that play the games the same way as each other. Everyone having a Garchomp. With the same moveset. We don't do the opinion here. Also, era uoy ,on. TTEchidna 05:05, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
Well, we have noticed a very very big problem with your username. Read backwards, it would violate our username policy. Out of kindness, we would like to offer you a chance to have your username changed. Please contact any bureaucrat with the name you would like to change to within 48h, or we will be forced to block you. Apologies, - Kogoro | Talk to me - 05:08, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
Oke-sies, contacted one. --Elohssa Naer'uoy 05:21, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
It should also be noted that Super Repels are more cost-effective than Max Repels. 5 Super Repels work for 1,000 steps at 2,500 total, while 4 Max Repels cover the same distance at 2,800 total. SharKing Productions 01:46, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- That I would actually bet on being because the repel steps is an eight-bit integer in Gen I (to save space) and just ends up staying the same in later generations for consistency. Max is 255. Max Repel gives you 250 steps.
- They could change it, but that'd mean going against what previous generations have had. 200 extra for 50 more steps... honestly. TTEchidna 19:28, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
Okay then, I hope they only get moved to the Trivia section rather than wholly reverted. Thanks for letting me know. --Tanaka Shimoya 06:09, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
- That's what I've done. Maybe put a link to Pokémon world in relation to the real world in there somewhere. TTEchidna 06:12, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
There is no chat room
The Mewtwo edit
I came by your Mewtwo edit while petrolling. It was quite worthless as all Pokémons get stunned in the Lavender tower even Arceus and DEOXYS. --Prongs (Talk • Contributions) 05:06, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
About the stores
Really? Why create it? One, you don't have categories. Second, this is Bulbapedia, not an encyclopedia for Kirby. Instead, how about you use that for the Super Smash Bros. Wiki? This encyclopedia is for Pokémon-related info only. ht14 21:57, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
- Also, if you've got quite a bit of knowledge of the Kirby franchise, you might want to help out WiKirby, a NIWA aspirier with its focus on the Kirby franchise. Granted, they do already have an article about Kirby himself, but there's other aspects of the franchise they could use a little help on...--Shiningpikablu252 22:50, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
In case you don't see my edit summary, tittf means Take It To The Forums. Per the talk page policy, discussions of a speculative nature should be conducted there, not here. —darklordtrom 08:02, 10 May 2010 (UTC)
- I'd be more than happy to register if it provides either of the following options:
- Connect Bulbapedia Accounts.
- Connect Facebook Accounts.
I'd rather use a one-click method that a growing number of forums are beginning to allow. Thanks. --Tanaka Shimoya 13:34, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
- You have to create a separate account, but you can place your Bulbapedia username in the profile section. I do not believe that there is any Facebook connectivity. --SnorlaxMonster 13:43, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
- I can't submit there anonymously. Is there another suggestion box where I can submit, like on this wiki? --Tanaka Shimoya 11:24, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
あなた日本人ですか？(Are you a Japanese?)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world Tsushima was an island of Korea before 1945; the old name is Daemado. この荒唐無稽な文を数ヶ月前に削除した日本人のサワムラーです。上記の文を消したのは数ヶ月前なんだけど、どんな人が記入したのか当時調べませんでした。で、さっきふと気になって履歴調べたら、日本人名のハンドルネームを使う貴方に行き着いて驚きました。近頃韓国が対馬は韓国領土だという主張を活性化させています。そのような時に日本名のハンドルネームを使用する貴方が対馬は1945年以前はコリアに属していたという史実に反する偽情報を記入したわけです。Tanakaさん、貴方日本人ですか？ なぜこのような史実と違う文を載せたのか説明願いたいです。Sawamular101 06:36, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
- 多分、日本人じゃないと思います・・・その上、Tanakaさんが５月から何も投稿してないので、こんなメッセージの必要がないと思います。サワムラーさん、すみませんがこんな対決的な事言わないで下さいませんか？この前言ったと思うけど、単純な間違いだと思います、きっと。 07:13, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
- Foreword: I think it is best to respond in English as this wiki is an English-speaking site.
- I am incredibly sorry to disappoint you, but I am a half-Korean. As Korea is my motherland, I am most certain the island now known today as Tsushima was once Daemado, part of Korean territory, until General Douglas MacArthur decided to let Tsushima remain a part of Japan in 1945 when he organized handing back Korea from Japan to its own people after the war was over. I honestly believe that General MacArthur made a mistake in doing so; he apparently did not know the history of the area at the time. --Tanaka Shimoya 22:27, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
- Korea under Japanese rule(1910–1945)って知ってます？ 1945年より前はコリアは日本に吸収されてて無かったよ。あなたの世界ではコリアは日本に吸収されてなく自立してたの？ とりあえず一方的な領土主張をポケモンサイトに持ち込むのはやめましょうよ。Sawamular101 07:28, 12 April 2011 (UTC)