User talk:Mr. Black
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Mr. Black!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Mr. Black/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- All users are allowed to edit the userspace 3 times a day. If you edit more than 3 times, you may be subjected to a warning. If you ignore the warning, you will be given three chances to comply. If you do not comply, your ability to modify the userspace will be revoked for a period of time.
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Talk page comments
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. There are only three userspace edits allowed per day, and you have gone over the limit. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --Gywall(Talk) 14:14, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
Sorry, I did use the Preview button heaps but I kept coming back and deciding to add more. I didn't realise I was only allowed 3 edits per day, I didn't read the rules thoroughly enough, my mistake. Mr. Black 14:17, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
Since you said go to your talk page
So I didn't mean to offend you on the Bulbagarden thread about tiers (and I said the talk page was half full of bullshit not your post, which). However, if you want to help what little competitive community Bulbagarden has, why not post in the RMT sub forum in the Generation IV discussion?
I really want to battle you now. You seem to be easily among the most knowledgeable people to discuss the Tier List here. Ever battle on Shoddy? Scarfcrosspwns 06:05, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well, that's a shame. I like Wi-Fi too (except that Ubers aren't bannned) but unfortunately I've got no internet to my DS and I don't own Battle Revolution. So Shoddy is the only place I can do my battling.
I'm not totally sure about my timezone, but It's either -5 or +5 of Greenwich. It's currently 9:45 pm here. Also, I don't expect I'll be back to Bulbapedia. The fools that run this site are conspiring against me (not really, but they are really pissing me off with their lack of experience) so shortly after I post this I'm probably taking off for good. If you can get on Shoddy any time, great. I go by Umbreon Dan now, which is also what I use on Smogon. Scarfcrosspwns 02:50, 6 November 2008 (UTC)