From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This user identifies as male.
I'm by and large a lurker. I roam about sites like deviantART, FurAffinity, ... even TV Tropes.
On this wiki
|| This user is not a member of any project and prefers to work on anything floating around.
I tend to surf this wiki primarily for reference, such as researching Pokémon movesets and game locations. (Wouldn't have caught a Riolu in HeartGold without it!)
I generally focus on little things, like proper spelling/grammar/wording (a particular peeve), and some interest in the upkeep of Trivia sections. Yeah, I like to mention something if I feel it's really interesting, but I'm also aware that Trivia sections can't be allowed to dominate a page.
On the other hand, sometimes what starts as a minor fix, paraphrase or rewording snowballs into a complete rewrite of the passage in question -- I'm not afraid to go there, either.
In the games
|| This user has a difficult time nicknaming Pokémon.
I have a mild interest in the game series, starting in Generation I with Pokémon Red Version. I still play the series from time to time, although I have virtually no experience in online/competitive multiplayer battles. I personally tend to favor the Fire and Flying types with an emphasis on offense, but try to keep a balanced team just the same. Tough work. My typical team roster tends to resemble this:
For some reason, I've been able to successfully pick whichever starter has the highest Speed of its trio, even at first glance. Henceforth, in the main series:
Here's a list of wild (random) Shiny encounters and other rare phenomena I have experienced.
What are some of my favorite Pokémon overall? This list is by no means comprehensive, but for a few groups....
For the sake of simplicity, here I am considering only non-starter Pokémon, and will list each Pokémon only once (even though some are favorites across multiple groups):
As for favorite Legendary Pokémon, I really have only one favorite, period:
Maybe it's his aesthetic design. Maybe it's how his cry sounds like a lightning bolt and thunderclap. Maybe it's his particular mix of the battle theme music (in HeartGold version specifically). Maybe it's because I used a Master Ball to catch him in Generation II. (or did I?) But at any rate, Johto's three legendary beasts are my favorite group of legendary Pokémon, and I place Raikou squarely at the top of that group.
As of Generation V, I have completed one game but not another in every Pokemon generation. This includes:
- Generation I: Red (through capturing Mewtwo), but not Yellow
- Generation II: Gold (up to, but not including, the battle with Red) but not Crystal (was at Blackthorn City)
- Generation III: Emerald (not including Frontier battles), but not FireRed (at Elite 4)
- Generation IV: HeartGold (including that battle with Red), but not Platinum (at Victory Road)
- Generation V: White 1, but not White 2 (at Elite 4)
In other media
I do not follow the anime. I've seen about three episodes in total, and the first movie. Not part of its target audience, not impressed by the main anime series.
Nor do I follow the manga -- the only volume I've ever seen is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team, and even that was only because it was published in issues of Nintendo Power magazine.
I do, however, occasionally draw fanart of specific Pokémon, and for my 2010 Nanowrimo, wrote a 52,000 word novel based on a Pokémon-centric setting.
Did you know...?
- Fire/Electric (comprising one Pokemon, Heat Forme Rotom) is the only type combination simultaneously resistant to Fire, Ice, and Electric. On the other side, the common Bug/Flying is the only type combination simultaneously vulnerable to these three.
- Ice/Ground (e.g. the Swinub family) is the only type combination simultaneously vulnerable to all three starter elements (Fire, Water, Grass);Dragon is the only type with simultaneous resistance to all three.
I can regularly be found at:
As stated on my deviantART page, I do not have accounts on social networks (like Facebook or Twitter).