Turboblaze (Ability)(Redirected from Turboblaze (ability))
Turboblaze ignores the effects of Abilities that could potentially affect the damage or effects of a move that its user executes. For example, a Pokémon with Turboblaze can hit opponents that possess Levitate by using Earthquake. Turboblaze applies regardless of target Pokémon, but only to moves executed by its user (so if two Pokemon in a Double Battle both know Earthquake, only the Pokémon with Turboblaze can hit a Pokémon with Levitate).
Unlike Gastro Acid, which completely negates a target's Ability, the opponents' Abilities otherwise remain in effect:
- Abilities that prevent status conditions (such as Immunity and Oblivious) will not protect the Pokémon from receiving the status condition; however, many of these Abilities also have effects to cure the Pokémon of the status condition if afflicted, which are not negated by Turboblaze.
- Abilities that draw attacks to the user, such as Lightning Rod and Storm Drain, will still divert attacks regardless of Turboblaze, but will not nullify the damage or boost the Pokémon's stats.
Turboblaze can ignore the Abilities of Pokémon other than the target; for example, if a Pokémon with Turboblaze uses Thunder Wave on a Grass-type Pokémon whose ally has Flower Veil, the target will still be paralyzed.
If a Pokémon with Turboblaze forces a Pokémon to switch in with a move like Roar or Dragon Tail, immunities to entry hazards due to Abilities will be negated (except Magic Guard). If forced to switch in this way:
- Pokémon with Levitate will be affected by Spikes and Toxic Spikes, unless they are Flying-type or holding an Air Balloon.
- Poison-type Pokémon with Levitate can remove Toxic Spikes, if they are not Flying-type and not holding an Air Balloon.
- Pokémon with Immunity will be poisoned by Toxic Spikes (although Immunity will then activate and cure them of poison).
- Pokémon with Leaf Guard will be poisoned by Toxic Spikes even during harsh sunlight.
- Pokémon with Clear Body or White Smoke will have their Speed lowered by Sticky Web.
- Grass-type Pokémon that have or have an ally with Flower Veil will be poisoned by Toxic Spikes, and will have their Speed lowered by Sticky Web.
When a Pokémon with Turboblaze is brought out, the message "<name> is radiating a blazing aura!" will be displayed.
Turboblaze ignores the following Abilities, even in situations where the Ability could increase the power of a move (such as using Low Kick on a Pokemon with Heavy Metal or using a Fire-type move on a Pokémon with Dry Skin):
Outside of battle
Turboblaze has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Turboblaze
|#||Pokémon||Types||First Ability||Second Ability||Hidden Ability|
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VI games.
In other languages
|Variations of the Ability Mold Breaker|
|Mold Breaker • Turboblaze • Teravolt|
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|