|Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on November 21 and October 15 in celebration of the releases of Gold and Silver in Japan, and Gold and Silver in the United States. This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, to return to the page and change the display.|
Look, the picture of Totodile from Emerald doesnt look very good to me. I think we should change it back to the GSC one. Chikorita and Cyndaquil have their GSC pics there, so wouldnt it make sense to have them all the same? Mooites 22:37, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
Yeah It does make sense to have them all the same but it also makes sense to use the most recent artwork and I'm pretty sure Chikorita and Cyndaquil never got new artwork since GSC. --Hey1031 22:41, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- They did, but I dont think they've been uploaded. so can i change it?Mooites 22:48, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
Well I dont know, I have no more authority than you do, but the other starters didnt recieve new artwork since GSC only a select few such as Ledyba, Hoothoot, pichu, cleffa, igglybuff and a few others got new artwork. in my opinion I think it should stay with the more updated artwork but i guess you can do what you want.
Most Johto's pokemon artwork is out dated, yet another reason for them to do a remake... --Hey1031 22:58, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
The new HeartGold and SoulSilver art for Totodile
Something is wrong with Totodile's artwork on the page. When you load, it shows up blank with the red question mark and then the whole thing disappears. Can someone fix this? - unsigned comment from Dialgafan1 (talk • contribs)
- Server issues are causing images to work bad. Don't worry about it. — THE TROM — 23:02, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
Mothers and Such
"Immediately upon hatching, the mother will take her newborn brood down to the water to swim and hunt. Despite their strength, young Totodile stay close to their mother for quite some time."
I'm sorry but what? I'd love to see a source for this, since I don't think I've read it in any official medium. Me, Hurray! 22:31, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
People seem to think that if the creature that a Pokémon is based on does something, the Pokémon does it too. This was a problem with Typhlosion and Charizard. Just get rid of it if you haven't already. Poisson14 22:51, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
The Gold/Silver sprite from Totodile has a red stripe on it's head, the sprites from later games don't have this stripe anymore. Has nobody seen this? - unsigned comment from Alexjuuhh (talk • contribs)
- It's just a normal line showing the curvature of Totodile's face. The color limitations of the Gen II games make it red instead of a more fitting color. The same sort of issues happen with almost every Gen II sprite. - Kogoro | Talk to me - 11:13, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
Different scipt in Red and Blue Rescue Team?
I noticed this last time that I played Pokemon Mystery dungeon Blue Rescue Team, The Totodile partner has a tougher sound to his text. It's different than the other partners I've had so far... Has anyone else noticed? Or is it worth adding? Equidna rojo 03:46, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
Any one notice the Emerald sprite has red back scales instead of the normal. Then in FireRed/LeafGreen it goes back to using the Ruby/Sapphire sprite with the correct scale color? Dunno if that's tiva worthy just wondering since other errors have been noted ([Roconza] 23:09, 7 February 2011 (UTC))
- It was there before, but it was removed due to being sprite trivia. And it isn't really correct to say if went "back" to the old colors in FRLG since Emerald was released after them. --SnorlaxMonster 13:08, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
Since we have Flatter down, Totodile still has Aqua Jet, Crunch and Water Pulse as Egg Moves in X/Y. I don't know how to add that, though. I found out whilst trying to see if it could get Aura Sphere like Squirtle bizarrely can, because I'm weird like that (it doesn't). Me, Hurray! (talk) 14:42, 8 January 2014 (UTC) Oh yeah, those come from Clawitzer (Aqua Jet and Water Pulse) and Feraligatr (Crunch). Me, Hurray! (talk) 14:44, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
- Added Aqua Jet and Water Pulse; Crunch it likely still learns by level up. And Squirtle can learn Aura Sphere and all the Pulse moves because of its Hidden Ability. Glik (talk) 15:52, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, do we not include moves that can also be learned by level-up? Okay, noted. Thank you~! Me, Hurray! (talk) 17:07, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
Good day! Please pardon me if I'm not supposed to ask here -- I intend to eventually make constructive edits to articles here, but I worry that I might break formatting / do something I'm not supposed to.
I've seen some ORAS learnsets on some other pages, specifically on Pokemon introduced in Gen III. I noticed that the Learnset for a Totodile received from Professor Birch in AS seems to differ from the currently displayed Gen VI learnset. Is it too early to edit this in, or can I go for it? Thank you very much in advance!
EDIT: Please disregard; I just noticed after further leveling that the current listed learnset also applies in AS. I mistakenly thought it had Water Gun and Rage as starting moves because I didn't pay attention until it hit Level 10. Sorry! -- templar(stalk) 13:17, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
Egg move: Ice Punch
So... Totodile can inherit Ice Punch from a parent Totodile, Croconaw or Feraligatr. Can someone explain to me why such a case is not on the list? (Just asking) --Johans (talk) 20:33, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- You can add it yourself if you want to.--ForceFire 06:25, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- The parent lists on each Pokémon's article only include the original source of move inheritance, which is either a Pokémon that learns the move via leveling up, or a Pokémon in the middle of a breeding chain (that begins with an ancestor that learns it via leveling up). A Totodile will only inherit Ice Punch from a parent Totodile, Croconaw or Feraligatr if the latter had already learned Ice Punch via a move tutor, special event, or inherited it from a parent Abomasnow (who learns it by leveling up). --Johans (talk) 06:48, 3 March 2015 (UTC)