From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The Master Ball Glitch
- Were you doing it in Colosseum? If not, then that's your problem. This page previously listed incorrect information; the glitch only works in Colosseum, not in XD: Gale of Darkness.
- If you were doing it in Colosseum, do you have two active Pokémon? If not, that's your problem. You must have two active Pokémon in order to do the glitch. If you have only one active Pokémon, there is no second selection phase available to pull off the glitch.
- If you were in a double battle, did you do the necessary steps in the same turn? If not, that's your problem. All necessary steps must be done in the same turn in order to do the glitch correctly.
- If you're doing everything in the same turn, did both of your active Pokémon have selection phases during the same turn? If not, that's your problem. If one of your Pokémon is using a move such as Fly that takes two turns, the Pokémon using the move will not have a selection phase on the second turn of the move. You need two selection phases in a single turn in order to be able to do the glitch.
- If you did have two selection phases in the same turn, did you make sure you selected the ball to be duplicated on the first Pokémon's selection phase, then swapped positions in the Balls pocket in the second Pokémon's selection phase? If not, that's your problem. The ball to be duplicated must be selected on the first selection phase. Only on the second selection phasecan you do position swapping.
- If you were doing the necessary steps on the right selection phases, are you pressing the B button on the second selection phase to go back to the first selection phase and allow the first Pokémon an attack? If so, that's your problem. If you go back to the first Pokémon's selection phase, you're disarming the glitch. To have the glitch stay armed, you must not go back to the first Pokémon's selection phase after selecting the ball to be duplicated. Yes, this means you're only getting one attack on a turn.
- If all else fails, I'd suggest reading this page. It has everything you need to know on the glitch in question. --Shiningpikablu252 01:30, 20 January 2010 (UTC)