Isn't that just one of the many functions? One of the... well, more minor functions? I haven't seen anything calling it the Pokéradar... And it looks like a watch anyway, why would it be radar? --TTEchidna 11:56, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, you're right. Pokéradar is the name for just the poketore, not the poketch.--ElectAbuzzzz 12:00, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Pokéradar is Pokétore. Pokétch is Pokétch! Who did it? --Maxim 12:53, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Poké Radar (with space and capitalization) is a separate Key Item that isn't part of the Pokétch. I presume the ambiguity has something to do with people translating the Japanese version versus playing the English version. This confusion should be addressed; although, I'm not sure if Poké Radar deserves its own page, or just a brief mention on the grand Items list. --Czeano 20:14, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
This is just a small idea, but is it okay if I add the ingame descriptions of the Pokétch's functions to the functions section? For instance (out of order):
"The Trainer Counter tracks the performance of the Poké Radar. It shows how often you have met the same kind of Pokémon in a row."
"The Marking Map lets you mark intriguing locations. Drag marks to places on the map that you want to remember."
Received in Diamond and Pearl from the president of The Pokétch Company after obtaining the Cobble Badge. Not to be confused with the more in-depth Town Map, it allows players to place different markings (●, ★, ■, ▲, ♥ and ◆) on locations, as well as the locations of the two Pokémon that travel around Sinnoh, Cresselia and Mesprit, much like Entei, Raikou, and Suicune travelled Johto and Kanto and Latios and Latias travelled Hoenn.
"The Digital Watch displays the current time. Don't be late for meetings with your friends!"
As its most basic feature, the Pokétch will display the time of day, much like the PokéGear of Johto had, only this time running in 24-hour format, instead of 12-hour AM/PM format. It runs off of the Nintendo DS's internal clock, and through this, can keep track of the date of a Pokémon's capture as well as the time of day. There are two different watch functions, one analog and one digital, though only the digital version is available from the beginning.
- RBYGSCRSFRLGEPD 20:19, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
- Hmmm... We'd have to make sure that it's distinct enough from the description so that people don't get the wrong idea and start putting "you" in every article. Maybe a three-bullet thing, have first the in-game description, then the way it is obtained, then a short description of the functions of the specific app. But I agree, there should be at least an in-game description for all of the apps, heck, all of the items, even. --TTEchidna 22:05, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
An app that wasn't on here
There was an app on the poketch that wasn't on the article that I can't remember how it got on my poketch. It was after the calendar, and looked like a podium with three pokemon on it. I think it keeps track of the chains you get, but it's just a guess. Anyone else? Tyrogue
Can I upload pictures of all the Pokétch apps and add them to the page? ---Samu- 15:01, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- Same goes for Counter, which shows 9001, and references the over 9000 meme in the text below it. - Gold Dialga
I'm pretty sure I have this app on my Pearl, but I didn't get it from an event. I think I got it from the Klecon girl, by showing her a Snorlax. I'll see if I can find it. CorporalStone 21:56, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- You might be confusing the Stopwatch with the Kitchen Timer. The method you described using is pretty much the exact method one goes to obtain the Kitchen Timer. --Shiningpikablu252 01:37, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
Dot Artist Site
While in another Area of the Bulbapedia, it linked to a Game Freak Blog. It had the girl from Drill Dozer done in the style. I clicked it.. and found this page: http://secretbase.gamefreak.co.jp/dot_share/dot_parts.php Big Nutter 20:21, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
I got the friendship checker app right after entering Eterna city, I didn't have to clear the Galactic building first like the article says. Can anyone confirm this before I make the edit? Thomas0comer (talk) 13:54, 7 April 2013 (UTC)