Hey, guys? The correct romanization for this Pokemon is either "Potchama," "Pottyama" or "Pocchama." "Pochama" is incorrect because the small "tsu" indicates a double consonant sound. I'm not messing with main article names, since I'm sure I'd mess it up, but somebody needs to fix this ASAP.--ANinyMouse 20:22, 12 August 2006 (UTC)
- "Pocchama" is not a valid pedantic romanisation, actually. "Pochama", however, is correct trademark romanisation. - 振霖T 05:17, 13 August 2006 (UTC)
Ah, so that's what's up. I didn't think it was like you guys to goof on a romanization. Still, trademarked or not, it's not correct. I guess just so long as you have enough alternate spellings forwarding to the main article, I don't care.--ANinyMouse 19:16, 13 August 2006 (UTC)
Attacks - Unconfirmed and Likely to be fake
The Attacks of new Pokémon were reported on the Blue SkY Blog, right. It first reported the names of new starters (it was real information). But it recently became infamous of posting FAKE informations. One of them first leader's name, Zack. He was revealed to be named Hyouta few days. And second is three fake Pokémon Names (Marsula, Garinan, Samusamu). There is no sign about these Pokémon and one of the infamous Fake Pokémon was named "Samu" (only two final characters of the name can be seen). So, the most recent informations on this blog are likely to be fake. And they're still unconfirmed. So, they should be removed from Bulbapedia until official announce of the attacks (It will prove if they're real or fake).
Sorry for bad grammar (I am not native english speaker) - Maxim
Should this have been moved from Pochama?
Serebii even says he's not sure, and that it conflicts with other merchandise, and everything still says Pochama anyway... Tom Temprotran 22:55, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
- Serebii also said that about Spinx. Personally, I think Piplup is more accurate than Pochama, because I can't really see any reason why it should keep its Japanese name. For now, I think the pages should be left as is until more information is received. Besides, the pages can always be moved back. --PAK Man 22:58, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
- Well, true. Eh, Chikorita stayed the same, so I figured maybe. And you're right, I suppose. Tom Temprotran 23:48, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
Keep things as-is, I have a copy of Pokemon Pearl & it uses Piplup.Gatogirl
Should the art of Platinum should be used for all 3 starters? User:CoolPikachu!
- Where do you find the Platinum art for the three Starters? ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 19:33, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- Here ->
more Platinum pokemon
HEY!!!!I found more platinum pokemon pics! pokemon.com!!! GO,GO,GO!!!!!Manaphyman1232 19:59, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
most of you are American
plat shiny sprite as white backing, not clear. abcboy 20:35, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
Another possible name origin
I take a Greek class and there's a word that looks a lot like piplup- piplos(stem is pipl-), which means cloth or robe. I figure that Emporers where robes pretty much all their lives, Piplup is a baby emporer. And I don't see how it could be impossible. Any thoughts? Me and my fellow torchics agree on this - Sk8torchic. 19:30, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
where does the artwork come from? it isn't the official! ---Samu- 14:34, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- It says under the picture, it is the official art from Platinum. It is the official artwork, just not the one from Diamond and Pearl. ~~Takoto - サソデイ 14:41, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Little blue penguin
Doesn't he have an Empoleon? Has it been confirmed that it was his starter? If so shouldn't be be listed along with Dawn, Tyler and Kenny? Lovely Rose 16:38, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
- There is a hidden note in trivia saying that if you add Barry you're blocked. This is because it hasn't been confirmed to be his starter. Barry does have an Empoleon, however. Turtwig A (talk | contribs) 16:40, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
- Hello, may you look to the trivia section in Barry's page? It is said that Barry has a Piplup as his starter. Maybe these two articles can be synchronized. Both or none of them should said Piplup is Barry's starter. --Fikr 08:10, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
Should it be put in the Trivia section that Piplup has been seen flying short distances in the anime, but penguins cannot fly? Littlmiget123 20:58, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
Evolution At Earlier Levels?
I play Pokemon Pearl. When I started, I chose Piplup. My Piplup later evolves in Prinplup at Level 10, and Empoleon at Level 16. I had an Empoleon before the first gym.Vendily (talk) 01:41, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- It is possible your are playing a hacked (modified) version of Pearl, which would account for the oddities in level up. NOBODY (talk) 02:07, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- If it's a regular Nintendo DS game card, then I don't think it is possible to be modified without opening the game cartridge and making modifications to it. It's possible someone may have opened the game cartridge and replaced the ROM (the part of the cartridge that has the game on it) with a fake version of the game. But then, I'm not sure if it is even possible to open a Nintendo DS cartridge and modify the game. It may be possible you are playing a fake version of Pokemon Pearl on a fake Nintendos DS cartridge, as there are third parties (people other than Nintendo) who make fake Nintendo DS cartridges, some fake cartridges having noticeable differences from regular Nintendo DS cartridges. --NOBODY (talk) 20:48, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
Piplup learns Pound, but Prinplup and Empoleon move-relearn Tackle
Is it worthy enough for the Trivia section to note that while Piplup learns Pound as its starting move, Prinplup and Empoleon will move-relearn Tackle, not Pound? Josephdean21 (talk) 14:45, 22 June 2013 (UTC)