I have only found one reliable source saying that the name of the move is "Me First", everywhere else lists it as "Anticipate". Thoughts? ~ Megalomania 01:31, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
- Alright, I guess we'll have to wait for launch. Until then we should keep the redirects, maybe reference the name 'Anticipate' in the article?
- And has anyone established the move's effect yet? Serebii says that it increases in power (to 75) if the opponent attacks, but I kinda doubt that, as you may as well just go with Headbutt, etc. People at Smogon apparently have the game, and say that it mimics the opponents moves. ~ Megalomania 05:28, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
I got this skill for my Absol a little while back; from what I found, the user actually needs to be faster then the foe, or this move fails. I'll change the main article. -- Jioruji Derako.> 09:25, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
Can Pikachu actually learn this attack? It's page says no, but here it says it does... TESHIGIGAS 20:26, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
- According to Serebii, Veekun, and Smogon, no it cannot. Zurqoxn 02:16, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
Can Hitmonlee learn this - his page says yes but he is not metioned below?? PhantomCX 11:34, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
- Well, all of Psypoke, Serebii, Eevee's MoveDex and Legendary MoveDex omit Hitmonlee from the learnset of Me First, so it should probably be taken off the list. A similar incident recently arose with Hitmonchan, whose Feint move was temporarily labelled as Me First. Me First has also recently been replaced with Feint on Hitmonlee's page. H4r8z0r 19:44, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
Using the following scenario, would it be possible for anyone who can use Me First to learn any possible move? The Pokemon is sent out against a comparatively slower Smeargle only knowing Sketch. Since Smeargle only knows this move, he will of course use it. When the other Pokemon uses Me First, he will use Sketch, and it will fail. Then Smeargle will use Sketch and copy Sketch, so it will still have PP for it. On the next turn, Smeargle will again have to use Sketch (since it still has PP and it is still its only move), so if the other Pokemon uses Me First again, it will copy Sketch. The last move used, however, was Sketch; therefore, this Pokemon will be able to copy any move. Tk3141 01:51, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Never mind, I just realized it can only copy damaging moves.